Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6 Litre V8 rocker cover gaskets need replacing

Shanegref

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV redline
Holden just called to say along with rear main seal the rocker cover gaskets need replacing. They are paying for rear main, are the rocker cover gaskets a factory problem or am I just out of luck?

LodiBruce

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Chevy SS Sedan
Hum.... What's your mileage? Year model? Unless you never change oil, it is odd those would have failed already. B.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Mine were both weeping by 90000 km's while under warranty. Holden refused to do them under warranty and I paid some ridiculous amount to just get them done there and then.

Shanegref

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV redline
Mine were both weeping by 90000 km's while under warranty. Holden refused to do them under warranty and I paid some ridiculous amount to just get them done there and then.
they quoted me approx $350 all up, so I just said do it, it's under lease anyway so no out of pocket

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
So, again, Holden refusing to meet it's obligations under ACL.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Just checked, $250 for mine.

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Wagon, 7sec Pontiac GXP, VY Ute
wow.

Should be covered under warranty if the engine is original and the rocker covers have never been off the engine. My VFII Had the seals replaced when they did the Intake Rocker arms last December (noted on the invoice along with $0.00), but I then replaced the Rocker Covers with Holley Hi Rise earlier this year and put new gaskets on with them.

If you're out of warranty, buy the Rocker Cover Gaskets and do them yourself. Genuine gaskets are all of $30pair and take around 20mins to do.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
One of mine leaked only a year after i bought the car. They fixed it under warranty...