Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

60' and ET improvement with slicks?

Jas.G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 4.3litre
2.5mm was as close to 'true' flat tops as I could find [email protected] is bugger all more than 212 hardly worth the money to swap, even mine is annoying on the street but in my opinion it is a very good cam for what I use it for, it's thirsty as it is and still a daily, I wouldn't bother putting a different cam in it when I can change nitrous jets in 5 mins and gain 50hp
Better do some more research more next, JEPistions will make a "true"flat top piston for you if given the basic measurements of what you need, as i looked into it early last year for my v6 stroker...
Also if that camshaft grind is annoying an thirsty now, i'd really be looking at the tune or other area's as that is very small for a cam with these engines an the comp your's has... my very 1st 3.8l had a grind close to those spec's an had very good driveability and was respectable in fuel economy, even after i fitted 1.7-1 rocker (from 1.6's) it remaind mild

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
something wrong if its using heaps of gas my mates worked 3800 decient stick gets 10L per hundred or better daily driving auto and highstall but it is a bit lighter than a commi

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack_vs_BT1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs BT1
It more of a driving style related fuel consumption issue, aswell as doing a lot of ks with 3.9s aswell as it needing a tune

Jack_vs_BT1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs BT1
Went back to Calder today best of 14.3 at 97mph on street tyres without nitrous. Not bad for standard stroke N/A on street tyres :)