Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

60th Anniversary Omega Speakers

BerowraOMEGA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 60th Anniversary
Hey guys, i want to get new speakers for my car and possibly a gps/headunit combo.

1. What size speakers would i need to get to fit the 2008 omega
2. what is the best idea for a gps/headunit combo (or better ideas) and what would installation be like? (cost for someone else to do it, or difficulty for installing it myself)

thanks in advance

BerowraOMEGA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 60th Anniversary
cheers for that, any particular brands for speakers or any advice on what to look for? every set of speakers i see looks basically the same

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
Mate its all about your budget. If you want it cheap then you can go any random COMPONANT SPEAKERS for the front - Would say just spend about 200Bux on them. Then for the rear, just any 6inch speakers will do - Would say spend about, max 100 bux!

If you wana spend a decent amount of money then id go ALPINE TYPE R COMPONANT SPEAKERS FOR THE FRONT then alpine type S speakers for the rear.

For speakers i personally wouldnt go anything more then TYPE R as its just a waste.

What ever option you go with, make sure you put an amp for the speakers. You dont need a good amp, any amp powerful enough will do. Any brand. With the AMP you will get the speakers full potential out.

Also if you are thinking of putting subs for more bass. Highly recommend the alpine type R 12inch sub, boxd. Try go for 0gage wiring.
If your not going for sub but still want more bass, then id go get type R 6x9s.
Cheaper option without taking the up your boot space.

Also some people might disagree with Alpine Type Rs. I am not saying they are the best, their is way better money can buy , but for the price and availabilty, they are extreamly good, i have used them in over 20 cars now. I myself use ALPINE TYPE X. ( saving atm :( to expensive ) I have had alot of experience from almost every brand, only other brand i like other then type rs are DD(DIGITAL DESIGN) but their american and finding them is a bitch, and they are expensive.

Good Luck buddy, just dont forget, watever option you go with DONT FORGET AN AMP

amos_executive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
totally agree with HussySV6, as for the headunit, i've got a Pioneer AVH P3350BT touchscreen with gps, is a fantastic unit for both ease of use and quality, i think they've released a newer make as well, it also has bluetooth for the phone.

but it can be a bit steep in price depending where you source the parts, exactly like Hussy said, its all about your budget.

good luck, and you can't really go any worse than how it comes stock so enjoy