Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6sp Auto VE. SV6. Bad fuel economy issue

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
Let us know how you go with the tune and if it makes any difference to the econemy.

Who is doing it for you??

DECIMATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Let us know how you go with the tune and if it makes any difference to the econemy.

Who is doing it for you??

Yea I'll let u know on this thread. Sonny at autowerks Beverly hills.

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 Ute, 2001 VXII Berlina Sed
My engine is stock and I'm making 8.9L... But my average spd is about ~90 kph - all highway mostly 110kph. Chuck my parent's caravan on and haul that to the city and the double digits come back.. lol.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
Surprised nobody has mentioned this yet. Have you had a decent wheel alignment (and balance for that matter) done since buying the car?

You mention it's second hand so how often was the alignment checked?

A band wheel alignment will definitely cause worse fuel consumption...

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Nobodys mentioned it because a wheel alignment thats far out enough to cause bad fuel economy would be shredding tyres in no time.

This being the case the wheel alignment being the cause is very unlikely.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nobodys mentioned it because a wheel alignment thats far out enough to cause bad fuel economy would be shredding tyres in no time.

Who told you that nonsense?

That's completely untrue... The extra tyre wear can be limited to the inside of the tyre where you won't see it.

You can also have tyre wear that isn't too bad with a wheel alignment that's bad enough to effect fuel economy.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
What youre claiming is nonsense and Im in a position to know what Im talking about and then some.

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
What youre claiming is nonsense and Im in a position to know what Im talking about and then some.

Having done laser alignments on race cars, and my own car, I can say I speak entirely from hands on experience.

Just trying to provide helpful advice that I know is true. If people want to take advice from others that is wrong, I can't help that.

Good luck with it DECIMATOR.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Having done laser alignments on race cars, and my own car, I can say I speak entirely from hands on experience.

Just trying to provide helpful advice that I know is true. If people want to take advice from others that is wrong, I can't help that.

Good luck with it DECIMATOR.

So what any monkey can do a wheel alignment. Doesnt make you an expert on the affect a wheel alignment has on fuel economy.

And if you believe a poor wheel alignment will increase fuel consumption by around 4 litres per 100kms I guess you still put your teeth under your pillow when they fall out.