Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6speed heavy duty clutch!

17UCK!

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs III commodore ute
just looking at the best priced and best overall heavy duty clutches? wat brands u recommend ect

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
i have an "X-treme" heavy duty in mine and im happy with it. no slipping (have taken it to the 1/8th mile with no dramas) and it feels about as heavy on the foot to the factory unit. it does tend to be tempermental like any h/d clutch, as in its harder to get a smooth gear change over the standard one. but i like that. No massive shuddering like you get with the tex clutch.

17UCK!

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs III commodore ute
ok sweet, how much that cost ya n where ya get it from?

i have an "X-treme" heavy duty in mine and im happy with it. no slipping (have taken it to the 1/8th mile with no dramas) and it feels about as heavy on the foot to the factory unit. it does tend to be tempermental like any h/d clutch, as in its harder to get a smooth gear change over the standard one. but i like that. No massive shuddering like you get with the tex clutch.

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
I can only recommend a Textralia Z Grip, Twin Plate or Triple Plate clutch as ive used all these in the past, and they have held up to the demand.

Weve been running mid 10's with Textralia Z-Grip clutch's pass after pass, without a drama.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Not in the tens yet, but have done over a 100 passes with my tex, and still drives as good as the day I got it. This car is also a 100% daily driver & has none of these so called shuddering isues. Neither has any other tex equipped car I have driven, but that is only a couple.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
ive been in a charged LS1 with a tex and i was really turned off by the shudder, was really bad. maybe it was just that car.

im happy with mine, if i wear it out i might go check the tex's out. but because i have contacts in the x-treme warehouse i got a good deal on mine.

17UCK!

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs III commodore ute
ok sweet do u have double or tripple plate? and how much did it set u back? and do you stall it up n dump on the track? ( never taken my car to the track but ive been told thats wat ya do lol ).. and thats good about the daily driver cuz my car is :D

Not in the tens yet, but have done over a 100 passes with my tex, and still drives as good as the day I got it. This car is also a 100% daily driver & has none of these so called shuddering isues. Neither has any other tex equipped car I have driven, but that is only a couple.

17UCK!

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs III commodore ute
cheers mate do u know how much they go 4? twin and triple?

I can only recommend a Textralia Z Grip, Twin Plate or Triple Plate clutch as ive used all these in the past, and they have held up to the demand.

Weve been running mid 10's with Textralia Z-Grip clutch's pass after pass, without a drama.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
ok sweet do u have double or tripple plate? and how much did it set u back? and do you stall it up n dump on the track? ( never taken my car to the track but ive been told thats wat ya do lol ).. and thats good about the daily driver cuz my car is :D

Just a single plate Z grip. This held 500rwhp no worries. I will be trying the new twin plate later if I start spraying gas at the new engine.
Cost $1400 from memory.
Launch is meant to be rev to 5000 or so & slip the clutch. I do a fast slip from 5000 rpm.

17UCK!

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs III commodore ute
cheers mate, yeh mines 291 @ wheels but runnin rich as *** they said easy 300+ once leaned out, so should last good. was the 1400 installed or just for the clutch. wat do u mean slip the clutch ( just release it?)

Just a single plate Z grip. This held 500rwhp no worries. I will be trying the new twin plate later if I start spraying gas at the new engine.
Cost $1400 from memory.
Launch is meant to be rev to 5000 or so & slip the clutch. I do a fast slip from 5000 rpm.