Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6speed heavy duty clutch!

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
$1400 was for the clutch & flywheel assembly only. You really should replace the master & slave cylinder while you are at it. Brad (enhancedss) will hopefully be able to give you a more up to date price on this as he fits them regularly.
Slipping the clutch is when you dont allow it to clamp 100% instantly. It is a slow timed release of the pedal once the friction point is found. Some use the handbrake, bring up the revs & slowly release the clutch pedal until they feel the car wants to move, hold that position until the last amber, then release the handbrake & simultaneously release the clutch pedal before going WOT.
Myself I just use a slow dumping of the clutch without the handbrake. This is just releasing the clutch pedal on the last amber with some resistance to upward travel. It takes a lot of practice to get good 60 footers coupled with a fast reaction time with either method.

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
Ive had the z-grip in my car for about 2yrs only done 15000 k's and it failed and I didnt really give it a hard time.
PIC_1751.jpg

PIC_1752.jpg

Wont be running a tex again after that!
Went with a xtreme carbon triple plate this time but havent driven it yet so cant comment on it just yet.
PIC_1744-1.jpg

PIC_1745.jpg

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
All i can say is it looks like a very nice piece of machinery, almost too nice to put in the car. I reckon i would of bought two and stuck one in a frame on the wall :rofl2:

ChargedBT1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXSS II
ive gone extreme clutch. 1200 i paid for clutch and flywheel assem, new slave cyl and an extended bleeder

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
^^^was that a single plate xtreme?

Dazzak75

The HULK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Hi guys,

Just fitted a new cam to my VE SS, now producing 440rwhp, and I am sus on the factory clutch already and don't know how long it will last, I know I am going to have to replace it with a HD clutch, what is the clutch that will suit this, plua hopefully in the near future I will be looking at a supecharger. So will need something to combat somewhere around the 600+rwhp.

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
Tex Z-grip here and I love it. They are a bulletproof clutch (with the exception of the one above...), but you need to be tolerant if you plan on using it daily. They can squeak and shudder if you don't give them a hard time.

ive heard the tex z grip has to be driven hard once in a while otherwise they done perform as good??