Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6x9 Problem

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
ok you know how sound is a wave, right? well if 2 speakers are 'out of phase' then when one speaker is pushing its cone out (black line on graph) and the other speaker is moving its cone in (red line) then it will effectively cancle out the sound. this doesn't quiet happen because in a car there are different material that will distort the sound and make the 2 waves slightly different. so you will pretty much 'loose' the sound.
also just as a side note the stock speakers have a heap of mid range punch. they probably the best thing besides the ecotec on the vs/vr. i know i was a bit dissapointed when i changed my stock for the 6x9's i have now. by "bass" in your 1st post i assume you mean that its mid range you have lost. i wouldnt be concerned if you lost bass when you have a sub.......
just remember that the 6x9's are 'rear fill'. that is they are just there to fill out the sound so its best to amp the splits over the 6x9's. but if possible amp both. ;)

Last edited:

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
depending on how many channels the amp has you run the 6x9's of the amp and the sub and just run the 6's of the head deck.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
you want more front than back. So run the 6's off the amp and the 6x9's off the HU. The x9's are really only there for rear fill, as you have a sub

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Hey everyone, thanks HEAPS for all your help, the problem is fixed now. Not sure exactly what i did but i fiddled for a while and re udjusted every setting on my headunit and now all the bass is back and it sounds sweet. But i have also picked up an amp......now i am deciding whether to run the speakers off it or add another sub to it....i could either add another 12" or 2 8" that i have sitting in my room, what do u guys think?