Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6x9 Problem

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Hey guys,
Firstly i am running a panasonic mp3 headunit, i have 6.5" cadence front speakers, 600W kenwood sub and 250W kenwood amp and just this morning i installed my kenwood 6x9s and now everything sounds like really clear and everything but there is no where near as much bass as there used to be. I am just running the speakers through the headunit not an amp. Has anyone got any suggestions? Plz help much appreciated

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
Whoa dude i ****in love your car, it shits all over my piece of **** and ur sterio sounds way better than mine any day. I hate goin cruzin with you because all the attention goes to you all the time but the cops r always after me. Oh well i think ill just sell my nugget and buy a hyundai excell!!! **** yeh those things rock! Sorry but i cant help ur problem im waaaay too dumb for anythin electrical catchya man

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
what do you mean exactly?? You had bass without the 6x9's and when you put them in there was less bass??

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeh exactly, i just had the stock 6" in the back with the sub and there was heaps of bass, now everything is clearer but there isnt as much bass and with some songs the bass sounds really different.

scozz

Reaction score
It sounds like you've wired the 6x9's out of phase to each other. For the best set up, you'll have to phase up the front and the rear then make sure the sub is in phase with the main speakers - refer to the wiring diagram of your head deck for the correct speaker wiring (front/rear). pos to pos, neg to neg.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
you have reversed the polarity of the speakers.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
probably easiest to put the 6's back in. Or try and switch the wires on the 6x9's around

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Interesting... I'll have a look at it in the mornin and fiddle around with it a bit unless I'm too hungover lol. But would using an amp to run the speakers be a better option in the long run? Because i want the best possible sound. And if i did, should i run just the 6x9s from the amp or both the 6x9s and the 6.5s? I dont have the documentation for the head unit by the way because i got it second hand out of a car at work. Thanx for the responses so far guys, much appreciated.