Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6x9's in VX doors?

Nick H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Acclaim Wagon
If I put 6x9's in the doors of my VX will i need to cut much?
I'm to lazy to take it apart and have a look so you can tell me.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I'm too lazy to tell you also.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride

Nick H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Acclaim Wagon
Oh I hope you are not too lazy too tell me why its a stupid idea!!!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
get off your fat arse and pull the door skin off to find out why :)

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
For one, as far as I know, it's illegal to cut up the metal of the door... It weakens the door and makes the car unroadworthy.

Also, 6x9's don't give the best sound... Why do you want 6x9's in your doors? Which doors? Front or back? If you want alot of midbass from your doors, work out how to fit 8" ROUND speakers and do it properly.

The main reason is 6" or 6.5" in the doors and a 10"-15" sub in the boot will sound 100 times better than 6x9's in doors and will be a hell of alot easier.

Nick H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Acclaim Wagon
For one, as far as I know, it's illegal to cut up the metal of the door... It weakens the door and makes the car unroadworthy.

Also, 6x9's don't give the best sound... Why do you want 6x9's in your doors? Which doors? Front or back? If you want alot of midbass from your doors, work out how to fit 8" ROUND speakers and do it properly.

The main reason is 6" or 6.5" in the doors and a 10"-15" sub in the boot will sound 100 times better than 6x9's in doors and will be a hell of alot easier.

Finally, a decent answer from someone who knows what they are talking about and isn't just a smart arse.

I had no idea I'd need to cut the metal in the door, if you look at my first post I asked if i'd need to cut anything. I posted on here as I thought it would be the easy way to find out and pulling my door apart would be the hard way. It was touch and go for a while.

Thanks StoneX. I'll look into what you have suggested further.

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
i agree with stoneX. forget 6x9's and get a good set of splits. easier to put in the doors and sound heaps better (with a sub of course)

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
There is a large slot in the metal along the bottom of the door where the map pocket on the trim recesses into the door, but that'd mean customer door trims and speakers firing into the side of the seat. You could make custom trims and have the speakers in the normal location but it's still 6x9's... It's alot of work for average sounding speakers.