Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6X9's!!

Your View on 6X9's

• hate them

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • love them

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • love them with no subs

Votes: 31 49.2%
  • i own a a VN or lower, without 6X9's

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • i hate them more than you

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters

cacaman

Red is Faster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Acclaim
Hey guys just a question.

Im pretty new when talking about car audio, but why the debate about 6x9s? what else could you use? what are the other options? i still have my stock rear speakers in my VR i think there 6" im wanting to replace them.
I have a panasonic HU, splits at the front, sub in the boot and an amp, im thinking of gettin another amp and attaching them to the rear speakers im just not too sure what kind i should get any help ppl?

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
the main reason to avoid 6x9s is because the oval shaped cone is not as ridged as a round cone, and hence it will "colour" (change) the frequency curve produced (eg: make some frequencies louder than others).
so it is better for you to buy round speakers if you have a sub. there is really no need for 6x9s.

cacaman

Red is Faster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Acclaim
garfa said:
the main reason to avoid 6x9s is because the oval shaped cone is not as ridged as a round cone, and hence it will "colour" (change) the frequency curve produced (eg: make some frequencies louder than others).
so it is better for you to buy round speakers if you have a sub. there is really no need for 6x9s.

Thanx Garfa
So for the rears would you recommend a pair of 6" ? If so that be producing similar sound to the front speakers yea, and that is the SQ i should be aiming for right?

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
cacaman said:
Thanx Garfa
So for the rears would you recommend a pair of 6" ? If so that be producing similar sound to the front speakers yea, and that is the SQ i should be aiming for right?
yes 6-6.5 inch are better. but remember that the rear drivers are only for rear fill, that is they just make sound to fill the car. you should pend something like 70% on the fronts and the remaining 30% on the rears. thats how important to SQ they are.

traindriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK Sedan 3.3 Injected
StoneX said:
6x9's are like mullets and moustaches, they belong in the 80's.

heehee:yeah:

Thats some funny ****!! Down with the 6 x 9's~

I have a VK and cant be arsed putting 6 x 9's in it~ (wont more like it)

I vote for round speakers, not stretched outta shape like some cheap slapper.

:)

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
garfa said:
i have just recieved a negitive feedback for this post quoted above! and there was no name left. could someone supply me with one? or even own up?
i dont see how expressing my opinion of wanting a "dont really mind 6x9's" option was being negitive.
some **** again has tried to leave me negitive feedback! ahhh.... why? what have i done to deserve this?
do they want to own up? they keep "trying" to leave it but they are not an active member sdo they dont make a dent in my rep, but still OWN UP! face me like a normal prerson.
(this thread is pretty much dead so i have no problem in hi-jacking it).

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
No prob in hi-jacking it....

If your not going to run subs, run 10" 3ways..... 6x9's are too small :) hahaha

Cheers
MaT

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
StoneX said:
Haha... Maybe they didn't like your spelling of negative :p
my mottow i liv bi in life is "i dont think, i drink".