Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

88 Green Wagon Turns 20

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
And didnt pay much for the Berlina - is broken - look at front wheels. :)

Like the Chinese couple who named their child with Down Syndrome ... Sumting Wong :D

How bad is the damage? Nothing major such as bent rails?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Like the Chinese couple who named their child with Down Syndrome ... Sumting Wong :D

How bad is the damage? Nothing major such as bent rails?

Bolted $700 worth of parts into it today and it's drivable. GEt few bits painted and a wheel alignment - air bag report and off to the inspection pit.

Should be on the road in 2 weeks. Ran the tech 2 over it and only 1 to fix an stuck air vent motor.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Coming up on 25 years for the old girl mate, it's done well.

And it will probably go around a few more kms now with the lad almost 17 and keen to have a car. the green machine will live on a bit longer :) LOL probably out live me!

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
And it will probably go around a few more kms now with the lad almost 17 and keen to have a car. the green machine will live on a bit longer :) LOL probably out live me!

knock on wood... my nephew had his vs calais for 6 months before someone ran up his back and wrote the car off. a car that is now repaired resprayed and is now mine :)

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
How good is a quiet tranny - after fitting a second hand gearbox to the VN (No 3) the car is much quieter now. So at 414,900kms the VN lives again.

It's now putting much more greenfoam tuned power to the back wheels. :)

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I dont have a thread for the VZ and as of 9:30 today it's a little dead, I wont need to start one.

Today the wife (very aggressive driver that scares me every time we drive somewhere) has smashed the car. The police have given her an on the spot fine for not giving way to oncomming traffic. Yes the car ran a yellow/red light while she wated top turn right - BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO GIVE WAY. #### me woman.....

Yes she is OK but the old bloke that hit her is in hospital.

No photos were taken but when it comes up for auction I'll get them. (cars a write off for sure) Motor is back into the fire wall and the right had mudgaurd has been ripped off the car. The left mudgaurd is now about 50mm away from where is should be.

The little Ford was doing 70+ kph - wife had only moved a metre when they hit. He should have stopped, she should have waited.

Lucky for me the tow truck driver let me go get the CD player and Grange cluster out

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
yikes.... sorry to hear this man. hope everyone recovers, cars can be replaced....

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
The police rang late yesterday - the old bloke is going to be OK - wife is now very sore with seat belt burns.

Maybe this may change her drive style of get out of my way I'm comming through. Time will tell. ...or should I make her walk for a while.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
The police rang late yesterday - the old bloke is going to be OK - wife is now very sore with seat belt burns.

Maybe this may change her drive style of get out of my way I'm comming through. Time will tell. ...or should I make her walk for a while.

Good to here that they're going to be ok man. And sorry to hear about your car.

I think it will change her driving style. Mum used to tailgate everytime she drove. About 10 years ago she ended up with a 4wd half way up her bonnet, she sits about a buslength behind the car infront since lol.