Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

91 VN+15k

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
Ok please give me better options... And not V8 options...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
A VN is an old bad car+ 15K does not make it a good car all you get is a fast bad car

a VN may be a old car but that doesn't make it a bad car. if you don't have a constructive comment to make howz about you keep em to yourself

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
I did think the feedback would have been a little better... I see people working up plenty of 3800's on this site, so i do find it strange to get so many people against the idea..
I dont doubt that king is not happy with his product so far, but i do have a differant stage sre and a differant supercharger kit in mind,
I admit i dont know a great amount about this sh*t.. But maybe kings setup is a little too much..
Bugger it tho, i am sticking with the vn, maybe not as powerful as first planned But i figure if i spend the price of a new car on working an old one, then i will be more satisfied...
Thanx for trying to help anyway

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
I did think the feedback would have been a little better... I see people working up plenty of 3800's on this site, so i do find it strange to get so many people against the idea..

it's because you can spend a lot on the buick 3800 but the results are only ever mediocre. very low power to money ratio. at the end of the day it's not a race engine and it will never be a race engine. they are good out of the factory and that's the best way to leave them, otherwise if you want more, you should consider other engines that will give you a MUCH higher return on your investment in terms of power (and ultimately happiness). rb conversion is next best if you want a v6, that would be very sweet indeed. see vn_lukes ride

if you really want a buick 3800 then do it, it's your money, but you'll spend a lot more money to get a lot less power

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
But then again... If i buy an RB it will be in a 13 or a 12.. Not a heavy ass vn.. But when it comes down to it, its all about preferance OR everyone would have an LS1 in a mini cooper with a esky an couch strapped to the roof.. Lol if i have to pay 30k for wat i want then its 30k well spent, even if its just so im not like every other tool wanting the BIGGEST ENGINE in the smallest chassis

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Plus 1 to Levy's post.There is good reason why people are telling you to steer clear of going down the V6 modifcation path.They have either done it themselves at some point, or would know of some one who has.
The cost far outwieghs the gains, especially when compared to a V8 transplant.

But if your that keen, then go for it.But if you must go down the V6 path, then i'd have to suggest ditching the current motor, in favour of a factory supercharged V6.Not only are they newer, and more reliable, but there is a host of aftermarket parts readily available for them straight off the shelf.A few well chosen mods, and even a manual conversion if you were intersested, would go very well in the lighter VN body.Ditch some weight too such as sound deadning, spare, ect, and you should have yourself a very fun car to drive, for much less than the original price plan you had in mind.

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
I agree with you both(EXCEPT about the stock charged engine), i guess i had already made my mind up an didnt know it, sorry :D