Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

91 VQ stato: VR stato dash conversion: Colour change

Shauno89

Reaction score
Members Ride
: 91 VQ Stato 5LT : 95 VS exec 3.8LT
Bit of an update;
Ran all the wiring for my stereo while i have most the interior out and installed front splits, still got to do dynamat and rear splits and amps and sub will go in when I do my boot set up.
Had a massive shed clean out today also to get set up for the looooong respray process. The colour I'm gunna go will be VE phantom mica with a silver to go with it for the bottom door moulds and skirts, same as VQ caprice 2 tone. So in the next couple of weeks I'll strip it and start prepping for paint :)
Im going to hold off smoothing and painting the bay until the start of next year as I'm now planning to rebuild an engine for it (the project just keeps growing lol) I'm thinking about just picking up an old fivey and going 355 stroker with it, I'm not sure yet it all comes down to the mulah!!!!

Comments/thoughts/opinions guys

Cheers.

vamplestat

calais93
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS caprice
looking good so far, question thou. how hard was it to fit the stato dash into ya vq?

Shauno89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks mate, the dash fits straight in and prety much bolts into where the old dash did.

vamplestat

calais93
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS caprice
so no hassles with vents or anything like that given that its already got climate control?

Shauno89

Reaction score
Members Ride
I had to make up demister vents for it, involved cutting the vents out of my old dash. I replaced the hole body loom with a VS stato one and found my vq climate unit wouldn't work with the loom so I got a VS unit, the biggest part of the job is most defiantly the wiring and something I didn't attempt myself, a guy on here came out and sorted all the tricky stuff for me.

Shauno89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well its been a while but i have finished the bodywork and got her into primer. Unfortunatly probably wont have any colour on her till after the new year, money is going on a holiday with me and the missus so the car will probably be on hold for the month :cry: haha.

The engine im going to build my self at trade school early next year with some help from the teacher, he seems prety pumped for me to do it :clapping:

This is what iv decided on after doing some research on here and speaking with him.

Hyd Roller cam conversion kit, something around a crane 286
10:1 - 10.5:1 comp, standard stroke
Flat top pistons, a9l rods
ACL race series bearings
0 deck height
Shave heads, mild port job
Hi-rise dual plane manifold
1000cfm 4 barrel throttle body

I got some questions guys if anyone can help
200rwkw+ Is this a realistic power figure? with exhaust, hi stall, stage 2 shift kit and 3.9 diff gears
Roller cam conversion, if anyone has done this before what exactly do you need for the conversion and is it worth it? and Does any one know where you can buy kits?
My budget is around the $5-6000 mark keeping in mind im building it myself, how much extra would it be to do a 355 stroker propelly? I was thinking of going with this kit if i did decide to go stroker
Holden 304-308 5L - Scat 355 V8 stroker engine kit | eBay
Would it work well with the combo i have planned and how much power would a 355 be looking at 250rwkw - 300rwkw? just a guess

Any feedback would be much appreciated!!!!
Anyway here are some sh**ty ipone pics of where im at with the car, not very interesting but progress nevertheless. :p

Picture167.jpg

Picture166.jpg

Picture172.jpg

Picture170.jpg

Shauno89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well finally got some colour on her, has taken a bit longer than i expected but she is getting there, few more little bits n peices to paint then will put her back together :yahoo:

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Nice cant wait too see it all together cheers.