Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

95 v 98 Tune

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yep it is only active with zero pedal and above a speed and other settings, should be easy to be disabled and would need adjusting to suit camshaft

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
A post I made to a guy with a cammed V6 with a very lumpy idle. His may be a VZ? My post is the Dan Webber name
Screenshot_20220925-122506_Chrome.jpg

18vDrill_SkinOnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SV6 Comm / 22 Ford Mustang 5.0l
yep it is only active with zero pedal and above a speed and other settings, should be easy to be disabled and would need adjusting to suit camshaft

Do I have to wait a certain amount of time before I can PM someone on this site? It doesn't appear I can start a convo - was wanting to send you a file to take a look at.

I've attached an OBD2 dongle and have worked out I can just repeatedly send a clear command to the ECU when it starts misfiring and then it just stops doing it. Don't know if I'm going to fry the thing doing it that way..

But what gives? If sending a clear command to the ECU stops it misfiring while I'm driving is it just tune related, or still possibly something mechanical? Got me rooted tbh.

I was thinking fouled injectors - like if i drive it in manual mode and keep it high revs like 2.5k rpm and above it's pretty easy to drive, fuel economy sucks but stops misfiring to an extent.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Do I have to wait a certain amount of time before I can PM someone on this site? It doesn't appear I can start a convo - was wanting to send you a file to take a look at.

I've attached an OBD2 dongle and have worked out I can just repeatedly send a clear command to the ECU when it starts misfiring and then it just stops doing it. Don't know if I'm going to fry the thing doing it that way..

But what gives? If sending a clear command to the ECU stops it misfiring while I'm driving is it just tune related, or still possibly something mechanical? Got me rooted tbh.

I was thinking fouled injectors - like if i drive it in manual mode and keep it high revs like 2.5k rpm and above it's pretty easy to drive, fuel economy sucks but stops misfiring to an extent.
not sure with the PM id have thought it would work straight away or its the conversations layout if u try that, sounds tune related just need to stop the misfire code, if clearing it fixes it straight away then sounds like it needs to be disabled

18vDrill_SkinOnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
not sure with the PM id have thought it would work straight away or its the conversations layout if u try that, sounds tune related just need to stop the misfire code, if clearing it fixes it straight away then sounds like it needs to be disabled

Fk that's good to hear hey..

With the earlier tune file, when I sent the clear command while the engine was running it was like I'd sent a kill command to it because the engine would just quit. This current tune file it keeps running and yeah, just clears the misfire.

On the conversations tab there's nothing that gives the option to start a convo - contacted admin, might just be a waiting period or something like that.

18vDrill_SkinOnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
BIG IMAGE - ON A ROLL WITH THE MONSTER IMAGES TODAY LOL
Tks mate, very helpful - I don't have that start convo tab available to me... I've had a bit of a trawl around the forums looking for clues but I'm guessing it might be related to how new my account is.. only a couple of months old.

Screenshot 2022-09-30 084852.png

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
Tks mate, very helpful - I don't have that start convo tab available to me... I've had a bit of a trawl around the forums looking for clues but I'm guessing it might be related to how new my account is.. only a couple of months old.

View attachment 242893
I think it might be a probation thing haha I recall not being able to message anyone for a while, then all of a sudden, one day I could. Makes it hard to reach out at times

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

View attachment 242893

Don't know when if it all, it did change.....When I first joined I could message straight away...

18vDrill_SkinOnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
Don't know when if it all, it did change.....When I first joined I could message straight away...
Hmm. Maybe they just know better than to let me start running my trap lol.. clearly they've been speaking with my employer.