Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

95 v 98 Tune

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
The upside is it’s getting looked at today, I’m back in town so this might end up happily ever after. End goal is to have the Massey Ferguson tune written back in as it sounds and drives pretty good when it’s not having its issues.

The downside is I have to replace an 8 week old tyre after successfully locating a pothole on the way down. No rim damage though.
Sweet, hope it gets sorted properly for you now! Did it lose much oil on the way down or you got that sorted? Lucky no wheel damage, especially seeing as it destroyed your tyre. Do they expect to get it sorted this week? It is only a 3 day working week in Vic

18vDrill_SkinOnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SV6 Comm / 22 Ford Mustang 5.0l
Sweet, hope it gets sorted properly for you now! Did it lose much oil on the way down or you got that sorted? Lucky no wheel damage, especially seeing as it destroyed your tyre. Do they expect to get it sorted this week? It is only a 3 day working week in Vic
Surprisingly lost less oil than I expected. I popped the hood when I got down and was expecting to see it everywhere but it wasn’t too bad at all.

Got an email this evening which sounds hopeful and may be part (or all) of that misfire issue I’ve been going on about. Should be right to go by Wednesday.

Will pick up a new tyre from Ozzy when I pick it up, they’re just over in the next suburb or two. The sidewall as you’d expect was damaged, filled it up with air this morning hoping it’d be the tread, beading on the outside wall. I was genuinely surprised the rim wasn’t damaged, I was doing over 100 when it happened and it wasn’t a shallow pothole. Just pure dumb luck hey.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
take a pic of the tyre and pot hole and get the local council to pay for the replacement, had it happen to a mate once and they paid, if the hole is that bad its a safety hazard for the public

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Surprisingly lost less oil than I expected. I popped the hood when I got down and was expecting to see it everywhere but it wasn’t too bad at all.

Got an email this evening which sounds hopeful and may be part (or all) of that misfire issue I’ve been going on about. Should be right to go by Wednesday.

Will pick up a new tyre from Ozzy when I pick it up, they’re just over in the next suburb or two. The sidewall as you’d expect was damaged, filled it up with air this morning hoping it’d be the tread, beading on the outside wall. I was genuinely surprised the rim wasn’t damaged, I was doing over 100 when it happened and it wasn’t a shallow pothole. Just pure dumb luck hey.
What did the email say about what the issue may be?

18vDrill_SkinOnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
What did the email say about what the issue may be?
Possibly the purge evap solenoid. I noticed it having some moments and emailed them just to ask about it. Shot some vid etc.

They replaced it yesterday and tentatively said it might have corrected what’s happening. Still need to address the leaking, but pretty happy if it’s all as simple as a purge valve

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Possibly the purge evap solenoid. I noticed it having some moments and emailed them just to ask about it. Shot some vid etc.

They replaced it yesterday and tentatively said it might have corrected what’s happening. Still need to address the leaking, but pretty happy if it’s all as simple as a purge valve
Nice easy fix if that is it. It is quite amazing that what seems like a minor component issue or failure can make such a big difference to how well an engine runs. I always think it has to be something more.

18vDrill_SkinOnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice easy fix if that is it. It is quite amazing that what seems like a minor component issue or failure can make such a big difference to how well an engine runs. I always think it has to be something more.

Yeah, I get a similar impression.. working backwards they might find a few more things as they’re working through it. But if replacing a $60 part solves 90% of it I’m stoked.

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Yeah, I get a similar impression.. working backwards they might find a few more things as they’re working through it. But if replacing a $60 part solves 90% of it I’m stoked.
Have they got it all sorted out? If so what were the issues?