Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A Basic Backyarders Guide to Spraypainting.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I've watched it now. Will you accept my eldest daughter in trade?

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Moved it out the back, unmasked and gave it a quick blast with the gerni.

You can see I still have to finish some minor repairs at the front of both front doors, and some panels appear slightly offcolour compared to others because some have clear and some dont (and some are still wet from the gerni and others arent ! ). This wont be visible in the final finish of course since it will all be cleared then.

I'll finish the repairs tomorrow morning, tonights job is to get the front bar ready to paint. Paint it about lunchtime, then both front and rear bar go back on tomorrow afternoon.

Clear over the whole car in a couple days :) Then all the black trim to repaint and refit. Finally starting to get somewhere lol

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Geek2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina 3.8L
It's looking great! :D
This thread is good inspiration..... So there's no bad affects from getting the car wet without a clearcoat? :S

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
It's looking great! :D
This thread is good inspiration..... So there's no bad affects from getting the car wet without a clearcoat? :S

No, none at all. Its still paint :) Just have to make sure its totally clean and dry before the clear goes on.

I need one finished so I can move along with the other, the LS3 is calling out to me....

attachment.php

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
ah awesome :D
LS3....nice! :p

Thats the other car in my sig.. the Berlina. The LS3 has been in the shed for months, still in the crate wrapped in plastic, waiting for me to get a blower, an induction sytem and a Round Tuit, but this VR, a new kitchen and a lack of cash are holding me up lol.