Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A Basic Backyarders Guide to Spraypainting.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
theres also a plastic bog you can buy. its a more flexible than a general purpose bog, so if your repair gets bumped its not going to crack out like crazy. also its a dark grey color like most plastic bars. i use it alot at work, havent had nay trouble with it yet...

sporty custom

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
great post. quick question ive a gu patrol clear coat coming off front of roof . will i be able to respray that in acylic. rather than the original 2 pay or i assume its 2 pac.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
great post. quick question ive a gu patrol clear coat coming off front of roof . will i be able to respray that in acylic. rather than the original 2 pay or i assume its 2 pac.

Yep. I have never had any issues spraying acrylic over 2K.

Last edited:

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
What's Happenin' Dak?

I'm losing sleep waiting for your next instalment!!

I painted a wheel today, someone in another thread wanted to know what Berlina wheels look like painted black.. does that count? Just to help you sleep lol.. who needs photoshop ? ;)

attachment.php

Last edited:

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
theres also a plastic bog you can buy. its a more flexible than a general purpose bog, so if your repair gets bumped its not going to crack out like crazy. also its a dark grey color like most plastic bars. i use it alot at work, havent had nay trouble with it yet...

I'm just using fibreglass reinforced bog (because thats what I already have). If there was a larger area to do, I would consider buying a plastic bog, but its only a thin skin on a small area and it will key well to the bare plastic.

Last edited:

gradz

Land Yacht Lover
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Grange (Daily)
I painted a wheel today, someone in another thread wanted to know what Berlina wheels look like painted black.. does that count? Just to help you sleep lol.. who needs photoshop ? ;)

If you look at "my daily driver" pix, you'll see what the big chromies look like when "matted" black. I'm asking a grand on fleabay, what do you reckon I could sell them for?

By the way, your photos are much better now that you've cleaned the lens!!

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I honestly have no idea. Matt is all the rage I guess, if someone likes them you should get it I would have thought. They certainly look less gangsta now the chrome is gone, a definite improvement. I wont be bidding though lol

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
You're welcome.. so glad I could offer such useful advice lmao... its a shame no-one offered me the good advice of cleaning the bloody camera lens :rofl2:

I was looking at a couple two tones at the northside cruise a couple weeks ago, and realised that my paint lines dont line up .. painting the entire front and rear bars black wouldn't look right. I knew I was going to have to two tone the front bar, but not the back.

I stuck the black repainted rear bar on the car this morning just to check, and finished up doing this to it.. front bar tomorrow I hope.

attachment.php

attachment.php