Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A bit of a mongrel but I like it.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
whats the best time down the 1/4?

Interesting conversion though even if it does look sluggish :p

IanG

Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Wagon
minux said:
whats the best time down the 1/4?

Interesting conversion though even if it does look sluggish :p

Be nice, :) :) it's a stock 4.0L engine with stock ecu + SC at 7psi. As a street car, I like it. It get's 14L/100km and I'll park it in a peak hour traffic jam any day of the week.:thumbsup: (edit) 11.8/100km on highway.

I'll have to take it to a test N tune day some time soon to find out the ET. It should run a 13 something???

My exhaust manifolds look something like this - so there is still room for improvement in a few areas if I want too.

Attachments

• header.jpg
    header.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:

vzmonaro

NOT A CV8Z
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
Very nice sleeper, impressive figures as well

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
IanG said:
Be nice, :) :) it's a stock 4.0L engine with stock ecu + SC at 7psi. As a street car, I like it. It get's 14L/100km and I'll park it in a peak hour traffic jam any day of the week.:thumbsup:

I'll have to take it to a test N tune day some time soon to find out the ET. It should run a 13 something???

My exhaust manifolds look something like this - so there is still room for improvement in a few areas if I want too.

Cool, i'd be surprised if in stock trim it ran a 13, id be saying maybe 14 flat area? I don't know, i cant say really, just know that cars with similar power figures would run about a 14 flat.
Just one thing on your torque, you say 1316 nm, i would get on a different dyno, guys running the GEnT-1000 kit with around 450/500rwkw are only getting 1500nm.....

IanG

Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Wagon
You may be right but I still can't get traction. I'm modifing the ecu and changing the exhaust cams in few weeks time and it will be tuned on a different dyno so we'll see what results. The cams are only mild so they shouldn't bugger things up too much.

Check out the torque figures from another members blown 3.8L engine at the bottom of this thread. http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=26783&page=4
Working on his power to weight ratio and 1/4 ET,I'd say he had drivability problems as it doesn't equate.

Check out this dyno sheet as well: http://www.v6supercharged.com.au/workshop.asp?ProjectID=12

As far as my ET goes, there is only one way to find out and if I can make time I'll take it to a Willowbank TnT.

Last edited:

nemo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ute
I think your all getting shafted when it comes to torque read outs on dyno's

Any one with a bit of knowledge will tell you that for a graphical read out to be considered accurate, the horsepower and torque curves must cross at 5252rpm.

The equation for horse power is Torque x rpm / 5252 and for torque is Horsepower x 5252 / rpm.
For a 500kw/670hp engine to produce 1500nm/1106 foot pounds it would have to be making it's maximum horsepower at about 3180rpm, dream on.:bang:

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/868/
two reasonable examples

Attachments

• Ismo.JPG
    Ismo.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 200
  • cam2.jpg
    cam2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

nemo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ute
So going on the above IanG your producing about 246lb/ft or 333nm. 257hp at 5500rpm is very nice, I love superchargers

I really like your choice of engine. (different) The cams and ecu mods should get you some more power. Why aren't you changing the inlet cams?

Last edited: