Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A bit of a mongrel but I like it.

NBAERO

new photos up of interior
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore 3.8 5spd manual
look good for a wagon, unexpected power!

IanG

Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Wagon
nemo said:
So going on the above IanG your producing about 246lb/ft or 333nm. 257hp at 5500rpm is very nice, I love superchargers

I really like your choice of engine. (different) The cams and ecu mods should get you some more power. Why aren't you changing the inlet cams?

Thanks for the info. I've just been reading an article by a bloke about his Dynojet explaining that they measure horsepower well but not torque. "This can happen because inductive and optical rpm pickups may not be perfect, and/or your ignition system may make things go a little haywire." and "The Dynojet calculates horsepower even if there is no torque reading" He goes on to say that because torque and horsepower are mathematically linked as you stated, you can then use your horsepower and peak rpm to work out torque. ( Horsepower x 5252 / rpm. ) --I wonder if other dyno's using rollers are the same.

I'm not changing the inlet cams mainly due to cost. They're another $700.00 and a bit more time consuming to change. The exhaust cams are said to be good first step. A custom set of headers should be next on my list after I've bought a house.:king:

Last edited:

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
holy crap, just found this beast, very nice. the hp figures could definately improve but definately not lacking in the torque department. gotta love a charged 8

mws

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
did you do the conversion yourself? im considering same conversion for a vr ute.

IanG

Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Wagon
did you do the conversion yourself? im considering same conversion for a vr ute.

No!..It was done by a mate and Scott at venomcobras in Brisbane.

If you want to do it yourself you should be fine as everything slots in quite well.
venom could do the wiring loom for you..You can also get a lot of information off lextreme.. A lot of parts are on the market now in NZ and a few in Aus.
Research the project first.

I had no trouble getting it engineered and registered.

About Venom Cobras
Lextreme: Lexus-Toyota V8 Forum - Powered by vBulletin

VZHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
z
talk about a nicee wagon .. sure is a diferent conversion all together
all the best with it man:thumbsup:

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
cmon man more pics an info it's needed.. I still drool over this just cos its different an still a blown 8

cheers
mat

IanG

Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Wagon
cmon man more pics an info it's needed.. I still drool over this just cos its different an still a blown 8

cheers
mat

Lol Mat, I''d better pull my finger out then..Performance parts for these motors are starting to become available..Mainly from the USA and NZ..A mob in Aus make a good Supercharger manifold.

If links can be posted here, this one details a few Lexus-Toyota V8 Performance Parts - head studs, mls gaskets, shocks, lexus lcd, alternator

I reckon this blokes engines fuel system setup would look good in my engine bay too. :)

Attachments

• THOR_UZ_Race_Engine2.jpg
    THOR_UZ_Race_Engine2.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 1,267