Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A bit of a mongrel but I like it.

IanG

Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Wagon
Here's a couple of new pictures..One on a day out with the Street Wagons people in Vic...Also a pic of the B&M Quicksilver shifter I had grafted into the VS console. (The cover is not on in the pic) It works well, I like it.

Attachments

• waf11.JPG
    waf11.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 177
  • QS2.jpg
    QS2.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 188
  • zz11.jpg
    zz11.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 211
  • P1010442_edit.jpg
    P1010442_edit.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 179

89 vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exec, 94 VR SS
Hey nice conversion car etc, have you heard about the GJZ or GZJ i cant remember the initials but its a toyota supra motor from around 94 ish and its 3L twin turbo v6 but the stock motor can handle 800hp! seen a couple of vl/vks in magazines etc with that setup but can it be done in say VN-VS?

IanG

Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Wagon
Hey nice conversion car etc, have you heard about the GJZ or GZJ i cant remember the initials but its a toyota supra motor from around 94 ish and its 3L twin turbo v6 but the stock motor can handle 800hp! seen a couple of vl/vks in magazines etc with that setup but can it be done in say VN-VS?

Kick arse engines the Supra V6's but I've know idea of their dimensions..Grab a tape measure and fined a Vl to compare. I think the length of the engine with all the turbo gear hooked up would be the only possible issue...The other top engine swap is the Nissan RB30 into the Commodores. There's a ton of go fast gear for these. :)

Last edited:

89 vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exec, 94 VR SS
Yeah heard the Rb25 is better than an RB30 due to its twin cam head, but a good thing to do was put the RB25 head on the RB30? so u get a twin cam and 3L capacity :p

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none

they never made a twin turbo v6 for the supra?? not in 94 anyway?

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
There aren't any v6 supras in the jza80 series. Only 3ltr inlines of the twojay variety

89 vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exec, 94 VR SS
I just got that info from street commodores i know nothing really about them motors