Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

a couple of problems with my vx

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
it idles rough and low when cold even stalled once when the rpm was too low another problem is when i put my foot down at certain speeds theres like a 2 second delay in ecceleration also feels heavy and slow

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
Check and or replace your throttle position sensor (tps) and check and or replace your air intake sensor(ait) and also look at your throttle cable and see if there is any slack to be tightened up

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
it idles rough and low when cold even stalled once when the rpm was too low another problem is when i put my foot down at certain speeds theres like a 2 second delay in ecceleration also feels heavy and slow

Fuel filter is probably clogged.
Hessitation, Heavy feeling, lack of power, Rough idle, Stalling.

Check IAC for proper function.

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
uses lot of fuel too hope your rite about the fuel filter il replace it regardless its service is due already done the oil filter and coolant and spark plugs

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
thanks to everyone that replied if changing the fuel filter doesnt work il take it to a mechanic i spose

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
thanks to everyone that replied if changing the fuel filter doesnt work il take it to a mechanic i spose

My symtom's were.
Loss of power, Heavy feeling, Bad hessitation. Have to accelerate alot more to get up to speed. High fuel usage.

I tried alot of thing's to try fix the problem, Nothing helped.

I had only changed my filter 3 months ago so i thought it would be OK.

I pulled it off, And it was litterly full of dirt..Could not believe it. The amount of dirt was unreal.
Could have made a veggie garden out of the amount!
Someone must have filled a servo nozzle with dirt thrugh the night. Then i used it.

I had none of the usual clogged filter symtom's (stalling, Missing under high Rpm ect)
I replaced it, And could not believe the diffrence!.

I will now keep a close eye on my filter's (more than ususal)

When you pull you're old filter off, Tap in Input on you're hand and see if anything fall's out.
After you change it, It's a good idea to run a good quality injector cleaner thrugh.

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
thanks for that same symptoms as mine