Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A fault already??

rodda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
I noticed the same thing on the first day of my Calais V, I drove it to denilquin and back, 600kms round trip, and have not seen it since. Interesting observation about the second start of the day.

R.

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 V8 VE Calais V 60th Anniversary Edition
Well atleast a few of us that have VE's had something similar or the same happen and makes me feel alot better. Maybe its a software thing? I will drive up to Singleton in about 2 weeks time for Xmas and thats a good 2 hour trip so I hope that might sort things out. Otherwise I will raise it with my dealer when I have the 3000km service done.

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just got an email from my Holden Dealer and they said that the service department is waiting for a software update that will hopefully sort it out. So Im just waiting now for them to contact me to take the car inn. So far the car has not done it the last couple of times starting.....

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
Yeah the software does need an update. I tried to scroll through the options too quickly and the whole thing froze (i.e. woudn't change displays). I restarted the car and it was OK.

I also want the "Range" to show something other than "LOW" after the low fuel indicator comes on. Sure, I can work it out by litres used and average litres per 100km but who likes doing maths while they're enjoying their new car? ;)

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah... I honestly think there are a few bugs in the system that just need an update. I noticed the other day when starting the car that the notice on the top of the screen that show you what track your listening to was missing and the scroll wheel wouldnt work to change tracks. I restarted the car and it was fine... Maybe they need to switch to an Apple OS or something hahaha for a little bit more stability :)

JanetSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ignition
have had similar things with the SSV on startup ' ESP' saying off . It does that every few start ups, then wont do it for a while seems to be an intermittent problem. Other than that no other problems. got nearly 2,500 km's on her now

herkman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Appolo
The battery being in the boot is not a bad place. But to check the battery levels is a bummer.

The battery should have been a clear see through body, or even one of those little round condition indicators would have helped.

Regards

Col

dale762308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega V Series LPG
Battery Error

My battery was flat the other morning, rang dealer and told them to come jump start. Rang a day later and wanted car back, email from Holden advises dealers to fully charge all VE batteries before sending cars out.

3 of 4 cars on show room floor were also nearly flat.

Suggest that you get dealer to fully charge battery and while they do that overnight, ask for a courstey car to use, after all GMH are the ones stuffing us around not the dealer.

J

Josh Lyman

How are GMH stuffing people around if they are advising dealers to charge batteries prior to delivery and the dealers are not doing this? Doesn't it come back to the dealer?

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I don't understand why a battery would go flat on a brand new car???
I mean the battery is like brand new right??
Or am I missing something here??