Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A few audio problems.

Callsign Vegas

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Vp Holden Calais
Hey guys, i recently replaced all the factory speakers which were compleatly effed, with some kenwood's,

Front :Kenwood KFC-E1062

Rear :Kenwood KFC-M1642A

I also have a aftermarket panasonic head unit, when i turn it up fairly loud, the bass is very muffled like the speakers are struggling, how would i tell if there under powered or not? I'm not totally sure what the issue is, but id like them louder than they are. At the moment my sounds are pretty tame. ( hardly being heard out of the car )

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Cheers guys

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
You payed less than one hundred for each, they are cheap, you only get what you pay for. The 4" speaker will give you minimal mid-bass at best. Perhaps swap the rears into the front, although it won't make a huge difference. Put simply, they are bad.

Only solution: Save up and buy decent speakers.

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
its called Distortion & Clipping, get a amplifier to run speakers if you want them to sound nice and loud

im sure someone else will give you a more technical answer :)

The speakers are distorting because they cannot handle the power that is already being fed into them. They are already at their limit, amplifying them would just help blow the suckers quicker. The rears are 35W RMS, fronts are 20W RMS. Feed them 50W+ RMS and see how long they last..

Callsign Vegas

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Vp Holden Calais
Well thats totally fair enough, i guess i shouldn't have listened to the dude at autobarn as much.. the learning curve just keeps growing. Thanks guys :)

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Well thats totally fair enough, i guess i shouldn't have listened to the dude at autobarn as much.. the learning curve just keeps growing. Thanks guys :)

Never ever listen to the sales man lol

except once they told me to but these, soundstream spc.6t 6.5" 2- way component (90watt rms) I tried to find a picture on the web or a review, apparently they dont exist even though Im staring at the box right now lol they were $180 and Im very happy with them. for price/quality I honestly dont know if you can buy better.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Some Type R Alpines or Kicker 6.5" Splits work good, they're 110RMS each I'm pretty sure, and they're real quality when powered with an amp. Heard them in a friends car, not one bit of distortion, just fade the sound more up to the front on the head unit so the back ones don't distort.

Callsign Vegas

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Vp Holden Calais
Im considering just rolling up somewhere when i have the money, and changing everything. I hate bodging things together, i can do somethings but im not a auto
electrcian, id rather leave it to the pro's next time. I've started saving for a sub and amp, might as well replace everything while im at it. :D