Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A glimmer of hope for Holden owners?..rewinding Holden

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Don't know why ZB and Mule's get a mention?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Don't know why ZB and Mule's get a mention?

it is not a "commodore" collection it is a "holden" collection and that is why the "real" holdens are included and not just the opel inspired commodores of the last 42 years :p

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah but the two I mentioned don't deserve a mention in the Holden collection. If they did deserve a mention might as well add Craptiva.....

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Yeah but the two I mentioned don't deserve a mention in the Holden collection. If they did deserve a mention might as well add Craptiva.....

HSV-Jackaroo.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
:mad:

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
There's a HSV Astra too lololol I've worked on one. Should be crushed.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I wish Holden made available their video archives.

There was one commercial show casing the strength of their auto gearbox installed within a statesman of the late 70's. In the footage, an engineer had the go pedal flat to the floor and was changing from reverse to drive while spining the wheels... Not only was it a great demonstration of the strength of the hardware and the lack of nannies within the engine bay, but it was a great reflection of the social attitudes of the times for such a commercial to have been made.

Heck, if NASA was so short sighted to wipe the original high quality footage of the first moon walk from its spools of data tape, then GM has zero chance of preserving any history :eek: All our Holden history will simply be lost :mad:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca

technically the commodore is not a "holden" it is an opel, the original name and design came from the opel commodore which existed 11 years before the first holden commodore so you may aswell take the commodores out too.

everything gm smashed a holden badge on in this country is a holden whether you like it or not including the craptiva, it is their product and we are just the consumers :)