Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

a

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
They seem relatively easy to do.

[/URL][/URL]

Tempted this way as well but they force you to buy the legs here as well and then you have to give the old legs in exchange as well.
I have watched this video before and it struck me as a pretty agricultural process, especially since it appears sanctioned by Koni. That said, the method looks like something I could easily accomplish myself. Pairing that with the special pricing at Holmart, it seemed very appealing for my SV6 wagon until I read the post from @Banjo79 above.
Can't see any way of adjusting the damping rate.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
@Banjo79 ruining koni sales one post at a time :)

I was under the impression that shocks for the zeta platform were all the same and there was no difference btn ute,wgn and sedan.

Correct for Koni yellows.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
@Banjo79 said that Koni doesn't recommend koni yellows in the back for the wagon. I guess we need to understand why? I guess his experience is anecdotal but the fact that they don't recommend it for wagons has a reason?

Re read his post, you'll notice he stated FSD's, not yellows...
As for experience, I have Koni Yellows on my Maloo, installed the inserts into an old pair of struts.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
q

Last edited:

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Sorry guys, was going to edit my original post. The bump stop advice I was given from the Aus importer applies to FSD and Yellow if on a wagon. As I was told, they were intended for the sedan and only suitable for wagon with extender Part No. 1523-31-0440.
Admittedly, mine have been installed without the 16mm of bump extension (thankyou Holmart/Koni!), but there is no way its going to magically transform a shite shock. The fronts are almost as bad. Neither end controls rebound anywhere near what they should, be it fast or slow shaft speed and both ends just blow through travel on big hits. Bottomed out the first day over a piece of road I never bottom out on. Going over big rounded speed bumps is an embarrassment, the rear cannot arrest the rebound on the upward stroke. This is on FE2 springs btw. I considered the spacer and Yellows for the rear as a band aid, but two Koni catalogues over 3 years (2017-2020) and nothing but Yellows for the front are mentioned for wagons.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
q

Last edited:

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
If that's what your car is always used for, I'd be talking to MCA and see what they have to say. You'll probably drive out with 15kg springs front and rear going by the rates they use for their premade models!

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
q

Last edited: