Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

a

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I reckon that would be a hard one to guesstimate, as the Pontiac front would have quite a fair bit smaller a target-market ... but on the upside, they're rare, so it'd be the only one for sale if someone did want one.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Some people like the G8 front on VE's, lots don't...\
Good luck with the sale.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
So this thread made me a tad concerned about how we'd be able to replace the VF (not VF2) given it's got ~30k kms on it & an agreed value of ~$37k.

Was on the Shannons site to see what the agreed-value was, so sent them a question about whether I should & how to do so.

Young lady who called me just now asked what I thought it would be, I said there weren't many with low km's around & the ones I'd seen made me think I should maybe up the value to the mid 40's ... she said it was only going to increase the cost of insurance by ~$100 or so to put it to what she reckoned is a safe value of - $50k! We bought it new (well - a demo with 70km on the odo) for $54k 5.5yrs ago!

"Don't ever buy a new car", they said, "the depreciation is the killer", they said ... :)

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
In defense of this line that I have used many times, it's not every day, a countries entire car industry shuts down simultaneously and the alternatives offered just don't stack up :)

Three years ago though. The current second hand market is bonkers due to covid.

Nothing is advertised close to what I bought my two cars last year for. Covid has obviously eaten away at the cost determination bit of everyone's brains

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think its the artificial fiscal stimulation pumping so much into the market giving everyone the illusion that it's not as bad as it is.

As I said before, we are in the pre covid crash era, very soon, we will be in the post covid crash era.
People considering spending ~$50k on a used car are going to be mostly still gainfully-employed, and spending on stuff like holidays & meals out & stuff like that has gone way down. Then add in a good dose of YOLO, and a lot of people are buying cars instead - enough to push prices up. A lot of the assistance stuff has already started ramping down, I don't know that said crash will actually happen.