Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

a

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
If you are stationary, then litres per 100 km would be nonsensical and in fact it will be infinite since you are not covering any distance... Hence the display switches to litres per hour which is more logical.

Start moving again and it calculates fuel used per distance traveled and displays it as litres per 100 km... The system has a “greenie“ function in that it stops showing any measurement above 39.9 ltrs/100kms for no reason. Even with light throttle you’ll get the measurement capped at 39.9 though I’d have preferred it show its true usage using even if 100 litres/100km o_O

It seems my LS3 is possibly starting to free up as it was thirsty in its first 5000kms... as fuel usage becomes more “normal” as miles are piled on, I’ll probably get lifter noise or piston slap but supposedly that’s the LS3 for you :p

PS: The ECU has crystal oscillator within so it can accurately measure passage of time. It also knows injector flow rate and injector timing so it can accurately calculate fuel used in a given time. And via wheel rotation, the ecu can measure distance traveled in that time interval it was calculating fuel used. From all this it can calculate litres/hr or litres/100km but whether the ecu actually calculates it and sends the calculated figure to the cluster or sends the raw data to the cluster for it to calculate, I have no idea...

Last edited:

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
... How can I know if it is telling the truth because at times, it feels wrong?
Check your wallet or bank balance as they are thirsty machines :p

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
it's called fuel density which is part of the calculation sent to the cluster we can adjust in the tune, comes in handy when u have a scaled IFR/stoich to suit larger injectors then the ecu can handle to then keep the fuel used accurate

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
It's the perfect time to have a LS3 :). I just bought e10 for 92.9 cents, I just looked at the servo next door and LPG was 87.9.

At least feed it something decent...

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
it's called fuel density which is part of the calculation sent to the cluster we can adjust in the tune, comes in handy when u have a scaled IFR/stoich to suit larger injectors then the ecu can handle to then keep the fuel used accurate
Interesting..., so it’s the cluster that caps the display of instant fuel consumption to 39.9?

Any way to remove this silly 39.9 ltr/100km cap as I want to see what’s actually being used.