Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

a

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if ur using any throttle it wont go into DFCO so if ur slowing down take ur foot off instead of just having that little bit on, when u enter DFCO u should see the instant fuel go pretty close to zero, aside from that just drive it as it likes it so if u change gear and its too low u will notice it so just change a little higher so the next gear is in a good rpm, the most i have ever got from a tank i was just seeing if lower revs would work and it does kept it under 2k for a whole tank full, but only done like 50km more (purely town 60kph or less stop/start driving) but im not doing that again as it does prefer to be used more freely,
the instant fuel is instant for that exact given time and can change massively any second with any input from load/resistance on vehicle to throttle inputs, i use it to find best cruise tuning as adjustments to the tune if the instant usage goes lower ur making more torque if u can repeat it on same road/situations during testing can be handy

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The engine doesn't always go into DFCO when decelerating. The engine has to meet certain requirements such as throttle %age, airflow, rpm, road speed etc.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Thanks, how best to work that out I guess is my question. Is the gauge 100% accurate? How does it even measure it? Is it an average over how long? I swear at times, it should be 0 but it doesn't, I'm really trying to isolate what causes it to not go to 0.
yea as mentioned has to meet the right speed, tps, cyl airmass, rpm, if any arnt met it won't go into it, u will notice that at idle its in L/hour then L/km when u start to move, is all calculated from the injector flow rate, rpm, current speed ect to show the instant usage, there are alot of variables tho

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yes it does change L/h to L/km i noticed it first in the VE not sure maby VZ VY may do it also

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited: