Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Abbott Cable x instalment

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
ok the 2 wire is an inductive sensor so u cant use the tests i mentioned unless u might have to drive the vehicle as it sometimes dosnt work till u get a couple kph speed motion (but then the pulses will be too fast to see properly), if u can work out which wire from the sensor is the positive (prob blue as u mention) u could try that to the cable x signal in and also make sure its grounded to the same earth the signal goes too (body/ecu ect) so it gets the loop to see if it works, if its not working with the square wave signal try the speed sensor 2 wire inductive signal see if it works as it may only work with one signal type, just the sensor will be putting out a much higher ppk then the ecu to the dash, when the cable x is powered up does the signal wire in have any voltage to it ? when its disconnected

Gse

Reaction score
Members Ride
Opel Monza
I took the signal from the VSS pin 5a i think Blue/white and added that as signal instead of after the pcm and still nothing,then i packed the cable x and shipped it to the factory for repair in the USA....i wont see that back the coming 4 5 weeks i guess..

I put the car together as it was and wait for the cable x to return or in the mean time i go make some exhaust for it...

VDO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB VC VH VK VL
You have the 345 diff, wheel circumference 501 x 345 diff ratio x 40 teeth divided by 10 pulses per rotation = 6914 per mile x .695 (your speedo) = 4805 rotations per Klm.

Set all the dip switches to "OFF" except for number 5, set to "ON".

That should sort it.

Gse

Reaction score
Members Ride
Opel Monza
Ow i will try that for ure ones its back from Trump land,i took a small speedo from euro car (100% identical to VB speedo but our,s go till 240km/h) and made a small bracket that i bolt to the cable x box and this holds the speedo meter straight for the cable x its cable input and i made small square pin that connects speedo and box so i can adjust it on the drivers seat...

Cant wait to get a working speedo and get exhaust and drive this girl overhere in the netherlands...

Gse

Reaction score
Members Ride
Opel Monza
May 12 2019 was my last message its may 19th now its getting summer slowly and i found some time to work on my project,and since day one the engine/trannie where in the car there was a problem with the starter motor it would barely engage and 90% of the time do click click click..

This car will be my daily wenn its ready with the holden v8 on LPG.

Since it worked great wenn the engine was on the floor running:

I found out that the solenoid would not pull hard enough to make the connection internaly so the starter would not start to spin and engage the flex plate,it only worked wenn the starter and flexplate would line up 100% and it would fly out without any resistance,so i wired my startermotor solenoid with a thick wire straight from the battery to the starter solenoid and a relay connects this wire wenn i start the car,it works great now.

To find this out i took the starter out like atleast 4x witch is a pain in the ass cause there is barely any space meaning i needed to take my own made exhaust manifold off,torque converter cover needed to get loosend up and then undo the wires from below and start wiggling to get it out and then i glued shimms on it hoping it would fix the issue cause i could never put the shims between block and starter so thats why i needed to glue them on.......

Untill i read about voltage drop cause of bad connections i had no idea what caused the click click click so i though why would it crank over 100% without a problem wenn its out of the car and not wenn its in the car and then i though lets try a wire straight from the battery and it cranked over each time i connected the wire to the plus terminal.

2 things need to be fixed: exhaust pipes need to made more or less cause i made 2 manifolds that ended up next to the torque converter and i need to connect them with the original Monza exhaust system witch is twin 2inch or 2x 50mm or 2x47mm,this is piss easy cause there so much space

And the speedo need to be hooked up (my abbot cable x thing took me like 6 months to get back and it was brand new and it cost me like 300$ to get repaired and shipped so **** Cable x i will never buy anything from them ever)

Once thats done its a reliable stock 304 with a memcal tune that shut give it around 180kw/400nm at the crank...Nothing compared to a LS1 or a BMW v8 or or but still more then enough to handle modern traffic with a nice sound,i really like the torque,wenn u tick the pedal u start to move thats awesome.

Gse

Reaction score
Members Ride
Opel Monza

Almost there i thought i set it up correct by taking a spare cluster with the same W-number but i need to adjust it a little bit more its reading less than i actualy drive according to my phones gps.

As u can see in the vid the thing works well and for everybody that wants a newer or diffent engine/trannie without speedo cable in a older GM car this is a great solution as its relative cheap and easy and u keep ure stock gauges.

I took the signal straight from the 4l60E VSS power over iginition lock by a small 5 amp fuse and and ground and it works.