Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS fault

bazagorokan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 CALAIS 2012, A6, 3.6
For the past 3 weeks the " check engine light " comes on the instrument panel , then ABS fault comes on and also traction control off comes on , also the SRS light comes on instrument panel . and when those faults come on the temp gauge stops working . these faults are intermitant , most times I start the car the " engine ok " appears . hoping someone may be able to give a clue to what may be the problem . The battery is showing 12:7 volts with engine off , and 14:45 volts with engine running. Thanks for any info .....cheers. The car is a 2003 vy ss auto , series one.

bazagorokan

Reaction score
Members Ride

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
with the front hubs do you mean as in loose , worn wheel bearings or the abs front wheel sensors ?
lf you can see a wired plug into the front hubs the hubs have abs sensors within. They determine speed variation etc. Even have the ability to calculate a incorect tyre profile front to back n side to side. I've even heard if the wheel bearing has movement/ it can sence a ballance instability.

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
For the past 3 weeks the " check engine light " comes on the instrument panel , then ABS fault comes on and also traction control off comes on , also the SRS light comes on instrument panel . and when those faults come on the temp gauge stops working . these faults are intermitant , most times I start the car the " engine ok " appears . hoping someone may be able to give a clue to what may be the problem . The battery is showing 12:7 volts with engine off , and 14:45 volts with engine running. Thanks for any info .....cheers. The car is a 2003 vy ss auto , series one.
It you have disconnected the abs plug at the front hub without the - disconnected on the battery it will disable abs and traction control. It can be reset. Possibly the same goes for the rear wheel speed sensors.

bazagorokan

Reaction score
Members Ride
lf you can see a wired plug into the front hubs the hubs have abs sensors within. They determine speed variation etc. Even have the ability to calculate a incorect tyre profile front to back n side to side. I've even heard if the wheel bearing has movement/ it can sence a ballance instability.
thanks for your help , if I remove and clean + reinstall the abs sensors will they reset if I delete the fault codes with an " envyous customs " obd 2 scantool ?

BowTie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr vt
You can reset codes by disconnecting the battery for 5-10 mins.

Then if they alarm again check codes again.

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
thanks for your help , if I remove and clean + reinstall the abs sensors will they reset if I delete the fault codes with an " envyous customs " obd 2 scantool ?
apparently they are a sealed unit not removable nor can you renew just the bearing. Best to replace the " abs hub" as its only 3 Allen bolts to remove. I suggest not to fit a cheap set as all bearings arnt made of the same quality. New gen from memory were about $200+ each with a holden parts warranty. Give spare parts your vin number and you get the correct item suited to your vehicle... My codes reset after a certain number of km possibly 5000. If the computer no longer detects a fault. But records it in its data collector. I can't say yes or no to your ec ob2.

Last edited: