Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS module replacement VY 5.7L

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Thaks to Indiana for listing the Bosch part numbers that are next to the bar code.
FYI, people reading above post, he is referring to this label on the underside of the unit.

Attachments

• 20171029_173340.jpg
    20171029_173340.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 565

Indiana Jones

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina 5.7L V8 Station Wagon
Yeah ok mpower mate, silly me. I got there in the end and I now heartily re-iterate and endorse your advice!

Last edited:

Indiana Jones

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina 5.7L V8 Station Wagon
Best of luck VT&VX but props must go to pandgmotors.com.au website, not me. I put that there because I find it very annoying when people don't end up putting in a resolution for others to see. Particularly when potential gremlins may arise.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
I have been driving around with the ABS/traction module unplugged. I haven't replaced the module yet.

I also just picked a tiny jar of lead free 'Wire Glue' from Jaycar ($10) just in case I have to repair the existing module.

I am hoping that someone else has attempted a keyhole surgery job on that Aluminium Wire that develops the crack. Going for a 'search' now :D

PaulMarc

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 HSV Clubsport 5.7 litre Manual
you might have grabbed a faulty unit. Also you need the exact same unit in most cases so the numbers on the barcode on the bottom should match.
Have a question for you, just had my A/C regassed but the compressor wont cut in when the intermittent abs module fault lights up. i am chasing one now, but i have been told the ABS module shouldn't be the cause as they are on different circuits?
any thoughts?
i do know when the fault kicks in my temp gauge also doesn't work

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Have a question for you, just had my A/C regassed but the compressor wont cut in when the intermittent abs module fault lights up. i am chasing one now, but i have been told the ABS module shouldn't be the cause as they are on different circuits?
any thoughts?
i do know when the fault kicks in my temp gauge also doesn't work

it can absolutely do that, it's one of the symptoms.

I had this problem myself.

PaulMarc

Reaction score
Members Ride
it can absolutely do that, it's one of the symptoms.

I had this problem myself.
UGH ok Thanks, now i am faced with trying to find one with my specific number. nobody seems to have it

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
UGH ok Thanks, now i am faced with trying to find one with my specific number. nobody seems to have it

some are interchangeable but not many.

eg

these two are interchangeable. (I know this because these were in two of my cars). VXII Clubsport Auto and V2 Monaro Auto. Having a spare to test from another vehicle is so invaluable too.

So there may be an alternate module for you out there. General rule is stick to something that mirrors your vehicle pretty much exactly and as you can tell my two were both LS1 powered Auto's from the same year.

upload_2019-12-16_11-39-20.png

upload_2019-12-16_11-39-53.png

PaulMarc

Reaction score
Members Ride
some are interchangeable but not many.

eg

these two are interchangeable. (I know this because these were in two of my cars). VXII Clubsport Auto and V2 Monaro Auto. Having a spare to test from another vehicle is so invaluable too.

So there may be an alternate module for you out there. General rule is stick to something that mirrors your vehicle pretty much exactly and as you can tell my two were both LS1 powered Auto's from the same year.

View attachment 208321

View attachment 208322
mine has the following sticker on it and nobody seems to have it

Attachments

• ABS MODULE.jpg
    ABS MODULE.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 592

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
ironically i had a 590 sent to me when I had a broken one, it did not work so I returned it.

if it helps i used online wreckers and did eventually find the one I needed, but this was a while back.

If it also helps you can get these reconditioned, they slice the lid off and redo the connectors. (there are ridiculously thin wires - think human hair). But they normally do like a reco swapout not reco your unit.