Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AC vent problem VX

AustinPD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX Acclaim
The other night I had to demist the front windscreen, so I changed the selector swtich to that setting. Went to switch it back to the face and didn't work, now it just stays on the windscreen. From what i can gather it's a vaccum problem, but not sure where to look on the VX 2001?.

The fan seems to be a bit noicy as well not too sure how you fix that. Also be interested if I took it to an AC place how much they might charge to fix it ?.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AustinPD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX Acclaim
35 Views so far = no closing to resolving the issue?. Sorry I checked make that 1 reply me LOL.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Try checking the thin vacuum hose that should be connected at the rear of the intake manifold. This hose often comes off or is perished. That is the easiest thing to check and is often the problem. See how that goes and if not we can move on to other possibilities.
I was a bit reluctant to answer because if I have written this responses once I've written it at least 20 times over the years.

AustinPD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX Acclaim
Try checking the thin vacuum hose that should be connected at the rear of the intake manifold. This hose often comes off or is perished. That is the easiest thing to check and is often the problem. See how that goes and if not we can move on to other possibilities.
I was a bit reluctant to answer because if I have written this responses once I've written it at least 20 times over the years.

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
If there is a slight hissing sound when the switch is in any position besides demister its most likely the directional control valve.. 15buck part its basically a little vaccum tap..

pull the dash fascia off, the heater control assembly is held in with 3 screws and unclip the rod coming from the temp control knob.. you will see the little valve on the back

AustinPD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX Acclaim
If there is a slight hissing sound when the switch is in any position besides demister its most likely the directional control valve..

No there is no sound at all when you turn the selector switch?. I thought there had to be some sound as it needs vaccum to change the direction of the air flow ?.

LOWFLYR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Enhanced Auto cammed VXSS 5.7A4
do what i did when i had the same problem. went down to just commie spares and bought myself a new one! and all globes are working again too which is a bonus!

problem i am having now is turning from cold to heat not working so looks like i have to get in there and rip it out again.....

good luck mate

AustinPD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX Acclaim
Just to let you know guys problem fixed, new vaccum control valve fitted. Total cost including labour $75.00. Thanks to Kmart tyre and auto at Morayfieldi in Brisbane for doing this for me, can recommend them, always professional and fair with price as well.