Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adding another Sub and Amp

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
I'm running the two Rockford Fosgate P2's of that one with no problem. I bought all 3 of my PDX's as ex-display stock. They only cost me $300 each.

Thanks for the advice mate, i'll look in to it and see what I can find. I wouldn't mind Rockford Fosgate gear as well, but I like to keep everything the same brand so I am going to stick with Alpine.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
also id consider a bigger power cable depending on wat your running already. i got two 12'' r types powered by one mrp 2000 and it would barly operate on 4 guage cable so i had to put in 0gauge. but thats just my experiance

I will check what I have got, but I am pretty sure I already have a really good power cable, i'll take a look when I get home.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
I'm running the two Rockford Fosgate P2's of that one with no problem. I bought all 3 of my PDX's as ex-display stock. They only cost me $300 each.

Thanks for the advice mate, i'll look in to it and see what I can find. I wouldn't mind Rockford Fosgate gear as well, but I like to keep everything the same brand so I am going to stick with Alpine.

I was going to do the same thing until I heard the P2's, bass is so much more mellow than the type R which suited me better.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
I was going to do the same thing until I heard the P2's, bass is so much more mellow than the type R which suited me better.

Oh yeah thats fair enough. I like the sound of my 1x Type R, but I wouldn't mind listening to what 2 of them sound like. I can imagine that the bass settings on the headunit will need to be put down about 50% haha.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
For a PDX/Type-R Dual Subwoofer System which includes:

PDX-1.1000 Digital Mono Power Amplifier
SWR-1243D Type-R 12" Subwoofer x2

Direct from Alpine, the cost is $1294.

Only thing is that the subwoofers don't come in a box, so I guess I would have to buy them separate or custom make them.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
You could go a pair of fibre glass ones like mine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 236

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
You could go a pair of fibre glass ones like mine.

Mate, I have to say that your setup is awesome. Did you buy them or make them yourself? Also, how do you get to your spare wheel if you need too? Or don't you have a spare? A setup like that would save so much room, my current Type-R came in a box and it takes up half the boot, everyone keeps telling me to leave it and not change the box though.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
The floor has a cut out around the sub boxes which are Velcro'd to the floor and there's one Allen key screw at the back and the whole lot hinges up to access the spare. I made the boxes which are about 3 times as thick as the ones on eBay & sound deadened on the bottom and back.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
The floor has a cut out around the sub boxes which are Velcro'd to the floor and there's one Allen key screw at the back and the whole lot hinges up to access the spare. I made the boxes which are about 3 times as thick as the ones on eBay & sound deadened on the bottom and back.

Yeah the only problem I have with the Statesman is that it has the 10 disc cd stacker on the right side, so it doesn't leave much room for anything. I wouldn't mind making an enclosure up the back behind the rear seats. I'll see what I can do with it.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
There's only 3 screws that hold the stacker bracket in. I removed mine and packed away safely for a rainy day. If your interested, I can make you a pair, sound deadened and carpeted for $800 for the pair, delivered. You won't find a better glass enclosure online anywhere.