Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advanced Driver Training - Yes or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
You guys are unbelievable, all you have is that some insurance companies get fully comprehensive drivers into their business by offering a little carrot of a small bonus. It may well be that they find those drivers have less claims, however, that is not proving that doing the courses does iota!

All it proves is that people who take it upon themselves to do these courses are good comprehensive insurance candidates, or those that take it on for promised financial rewards make less claims. Its no surprise to me or anyone that people who want to improve their driving are probably the ones that have a lower rate of accidents regardless, ie they are just preaching to the converted. Are they going to take credit for me never having put a scratch on a vehicle in 30+ years of driving, I suppose they would.

It is not a reasoned study of when they look at two groups of drivers and compare the accident rates of drivers who are given no option but to do a course and those that dont, when that is done there is no difference.

What course did I do? I dont remember(allsafe, drivesafe?), it was quite unmemorable and simplistic, everyone got a mickey mouse certificate to say what a good little vegemite they were. Spent the day googling?, LOL, it was before the internet. Probably had my head in a book reading something interesting, while some pathetic ex racing driver gave an incorrect description of "weight" shifts while braking or similar.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
You guys are unbelievable, all you have is that some insurance companies get fully comprehensive drivers into their business by offering a little carrot of a small bonus. It may well be that they find those drivers have less claims, however, that is not proving that doing the courses does iota!

All it proves is that people who take it upon themselves to do these courses are good comprehensive insurance candidates, or those that take it on for promised financial rewards make less claims. Its no surprise to me or anyone that people who want to improve their driving are probably the ones that have a lower rate of accidents regardless, ie they are just preaching to the converted. Are they going to take credit for me never having put a scratch on a vehicle in 30+ years of driving, I suppose they would.

It is not a reasoned study of when they look at two groups of drivers and compare the accident rates of drivers who are given no option but to do a course and those that dont, when that is done there is no difference.

What course did I do? I dont remember(allsafe, drivesafe?), it was quite unmemorable and simplistic, everyone got a mickey mouse certificate to say what a good little vegemite they were. Spent the day googling?, LOL, it was before the internet. Probably had my head in a book reading something interesting, while some pathetic ex racing driver gave an incorrect description of "weight" shifts while braking or similar.

Dammit, Commsirac, what is is that entitles you to be such a bloody expert on everything? Do you actually take part in this forum just to see who you can argue with, or how many arguments you can create a day? Do you ever find a thread that is composed of posts with which you actually agree, or are we all wrong and your opinions are the only correct ones?

I have tried to think of some input from you in the past that has been of value but I failed.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
He just likes to argue, if you ever go through the achive of this site you will see his opinons change based on the oringal post or the arguement presented.

Just do what we do and ignore him

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
lol Commsirac, how about a hug mate? Dont tell me you have something against a hug from a fellow JC member.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
He just likes to argue, if you ever go through the achive of this site you will see his opinons change based on the oringal post or the arguement presented.

Really, you are confusing my opinion with examining the facts from both sides of an argument. If you cant do that, then there is a problem.

Id love to see that something as simple as sending people to adt for a day would lower the road toll, but evidence(I work with facts, not what the common person regards as "good sense", condemn me for that if you like) out there says the courses have as much effectiveness as painting green stripes on your tyres.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
Dammit, Commsirac, what is is that entitles you to be such a bloody expert on everything? Do you actually take part in this forum just to see who you can argue with, or how many arguments you can create a day? Do you ever find a thread that is composed of posts with which you actually agree, or are we all wrong and your opinions are the only correct ones?

I have tried to think of some input from you in the past that has been of value but I failed.

Trolling again heh, Sorry, you dont like my opinions(I hesitate to call statements based on facts opinion), cant do much about that, I suppose what is so irritating for those that disagree/take me on is that I can always back it up.............:whistling

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Just subscribing for the epic lol's this thread is about to produce!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Just subscribing for the epic lol's this thread is about to produce!

Nah wont be any, I think from now on, a new rule should be made for JC. Once commsirac answers a thread, the thread will be closed, as there is nothing else to know as commsirac knows it all, so there is no possibility of anything else being right.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Nah wont be any, I think from now on, a new rule should be made for JC. Once commsirac answers a thread, the thread will be closed, as there is nothing else to know as commsirac knows it all, so there is no possibility of anything else being right.

I was sure i asked for this months ago.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.