Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advanced Engine Diagnostics help

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So it would appear the problem is solved. It would also appear that there was possibly never an issue with the harness. I just fitted a new sensor and am no longer getting CEL's. I drove about 25km round trip without a single CEL. I tried the 2000 revs with little to no throttle several times, which was where they would always appear. I also turned on the heater and aircon at the same time, just in case it triggered a CEL and nothing at all. Now I have to hope I get a refund through eBay.

Jaymz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1996, VS SS 1996
Yeah that would be really good.
Hey, sorry for the delay, i had a **** of a day yesterday and didnt get out to grab the logs for you.

I have recorded two sets of logs via AED and saved them here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1InCm14Yb9wF2XoImy7KC4PhgOgH0Lg_T

You can replay them through your copy of AED and see what is going on/compare.

I do see you have updated the post re the O2 sensors and a replacement fixed your issue so these logs might be a bit of a moot point, but could be useful for other comparisons.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Thanks Jaymz. I need to wait until I get back to town tomorrow and run AED on the new sensor but so far all looking really good. I just went and cut some firewood I noticed on the road when I was doing the test earlier on and cruising along 50-60 80kph at 1800-2000 revs and no CEL. I am pretty confident I have fixed the issue. Darn shame I spent 30 bucks getting a new harness made and never fitted it. Must say the sensor itself was the last thing I thought could have been. It says Delphi on the box but I'm not so sure now it's the OEM. The box has Chinese writing on it as well as English. Therefore I am suspecting it could be a Delphi copy and not genuine. I could be wrong but I thought Delphi O2's were made in Mexico not China.

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
Glad you've got it sorted. I hope those CELs stay away

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Me too Rob.