Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice needed about cameras

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Hey, that's not fair :p You can get good quality out of $1000, you're just a little limited in certain areas... 1000D twin lens kit would cover most situations anyway, sure there are higher quality options for more cash, but that's how it is with everything in life. There's always a step up if you've got the cash.

Nothing wrong with the 1000d, as long as it is fronted with decent glass. That was my point :)

Only issue with used is not knowing the history. Many people do not know how to check actuations etc. Better off spending a little more and buying new just for safety.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Meh, even the kit 18-55 on the 1000D will take pictures that will slaughter just about any P&S on the market. If I was spending $1000 I'd get either a 1000D twin lens kit, or a 500D with just the 18-55. If the bug bites you can spurge on some L glass down the track.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
If the bug bites you can spurge on some L glass down the track.

DON'T DO IT, IT'S A TRAP! :p I did that... Spent more than I should have... But I LIKE IT :D

GLITRES

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8 6 litre
Yeah, used might be an opition. Not sure yet.
I'll keep researching and asking questions, thank for all the help guys!!

Johnspec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive
Cannon 1000d or 550d if you can spend a bit more

machete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
CANON EOS 1000D twin lense kit is awesome begginer kit it was my first kit, i got a 5D now and still rate the 1000D highly, shop around tho there are many good deals to be had