Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice on buying a DVD system???

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
mounting a double din DVD monitor with no bracket.....

Bought a JVC double din DVD monitor. I've connected all the wires and soldered them...blah,blah, blah. However. WHat is the best way to mount a double din unit in my vx commodore, as the brackets from the stock h/u don't fit onto my new JVC h/u??? Is it possible to buy a double din bracket OR is my best bet to take the dash facia and surroundings off so that I can rivot or put screws through to hold the unit???

Any tips please????????

Last edited:

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Bump..............sorry

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
I have a jvc screen and a jvc dvd player in mine no brakets an it dont move abit.

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Yeh, I'm not worried bout it moving while driving that can be fixed easy. My concern, is if someone decides to try and take it I want to atleast make it difficult for the BAST@#*!S. Or better still, make it theift proof. Think the best way might be to take dash facia off and screw from inside...

vt com

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim
remove the dah fascia and screw it in, thats what i did my my avx 700

Ocean

Reaction score
Dash Install Kit

Unfortunately there is not aftermarket Install kit for the VX or VT for that Matter.

There is however on for the basically every other model VY series 1 & 2, VZ, VN -VS

However the Honda Doouble Din mounting bracket may fit OK, plus there is a GM Double Din specfic install kit for Double din installs.

Hope this helps..

PS I have a brand new KD-AVX2 for sale.

Ocean

Reaction score
If you earth the Handbrake wire... instead on to the handbrake switch, it will allow the screen to show the DVD all the time.. same with all JVC DVD player

Ocean

Reaction score
1. Automatic antenna. My car has 2 wires one for the antenna to go up and one to go down...however the JVC wiring harness has one wire...AUTOMATIC ANTENNA. Do I connect this to both up and down wires???? ???? will check...
2. Illumination. My car has Illumination and illumination output. Do I just connect the wire from jvc harness to the illumination wire only, or to the illumination output wire??? ILLUMINATION WIRE ONLY

3. ALso it says to connect to a live terminal in the fuse block connecting to the car battery (bypassing the ignition switch). This would be the constant wire...correct??? BATTERY WIRE usually RED on you OEM harness = constant POWER when ignition is off... like the CLOCK memory etc.

Also is it best to pull all the wires out of the old harness and solder them to the new wires. Or just by some clips...to push new wires into the from my car harness... SOLDER ONLY and HEAT SCRINK

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
All i did with mine is pull the dash fascia right down so i had access to both sides of the black surround (thingo) and then slide the unit in...
making sure it was level with front of the dash when the fascia was on and then lined up the four holes i needed to use in the unit and then drilled new holes in the surround and used the screw that came with it

Bloody thing is in there tight as and i dont move either

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Yeh, I'm not worried bout it moving while driving that can be fixed easy. My concern, is if someone decides to try and take it I want to atleast make it difficult for the BAST@#*!S. Or better still, make it theift proof. Think the best way might be to take dash facia off and screw from inside...
well just put that is normally. then fit a good 3 plus point immob and alarm.
if they want your stereo and its hard to take out they will just take the car some where and strip it and an alarm will make this much harder so they might just forget about it.