Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice on problem with electronics

• Thread starter RichardACampbell
  • Start date
M

mikemutlow

Hey bloodmoon, do you have seat belt pre-tensioners? I have the same annoying fault and reckon it is the connectors that plug into these down the sides of the front seats. Am going to get Holden to try and fix it but would like to be fairly sure that I am sending them in the right direction.

Gnarkill

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
Got myself a new ABS Module for $395. How hard is it to swap with the old one?

R

RichardACampbell

Where did you buy it for that price? I was quoted $700.

Thanks,

Dick Campbell

J

jayman555

hi all that have abs and airbag warning lights coming on. I since purchased a vtss and the abs light kept coming on and so was the airbag light. I work in a panel shop and we have a guy that comes into our work and check the cars for these sorts of things. so i rang him up and told him my problem and he told me that this is a common problem with the vt's. He asked me to check my abs and airbag fuses and if they looked like they were dirty or had a brownish tinge to them then this was more than likely the promblem , so i took the fuses out and gave them a light sand and stuck them back in and you would'nt belive it no more warning lights on and its been at lest 3 weeks. Apparently the bad connection from the fuse does'nt allow the computer to read the warning systems and that is why the lights go on. I hope this might help a few people, save paying an auto elec or holden. Also told my mate thats a mechanic and he had never hear of this, he would have gone straight to the abs module.
good luck people.

R

rattattack1313

Cheers, Jayman555... I am sure that will assist lots of people with similar problems....just a bit of crap on the fuses, hey???? amazing.....

Brett

Legend
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Is there suppose to be a sound or a chime when the ABS, Airbag etc light comes on? Cause my ABS light comes on now and then, but theres no chime that goes with it.

*VOLATILE*

Monaro here i come
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S2
Jayman, I have tried your fix. Sanded the tips of the fuses and placed them back in there. Still no good. I decided to get new fuses. So i went down to AutoPro and got new ones and checked them in. Still no good. Gonna have to take it into a mate's mate who's an auto electrician now. It's the most annoying small problem in the world.

R

RichardACampbell

I cleaned the fused contacts and I can say that it changed the behaviour of the system but did not cure the problem.

Before I got "Serv error" on the odometer on a cold start and the errors came up after 20 minutes of running.

Now I don't get the "Serv error" and the errors don't seem to happen until a warm start.

If nothing else, this sounds like a very flakey system.