Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] Advice on what to do

SUSVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S PAC
Hey guys my cousin just went n brought a car for him self, it's a 96 vs acclaim, anyway got half way home n the motor seaZed n alternator died as well, replaced the alternator n then it just shut down n wouldn't start again, anyway jump started it n moved off the m4 n got onto silverwater road, I have a look under the bonnet n there's a real
Loud tap coming from the bottom
End, I said that it's prob bottom
End bearing, he rang the guy n said that he wants his money back n the car wasn't worth it, the guy refused to give it back so we left that for the mean time, anyway I was looking ay the rego papers n the engine number is wrong on the papers, the make is
Wrong it says exec also the axel number n the amount of seats, what can be done? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
Mate im not sure there is a lot you can do. The warrenty pretty much runs out at the end of his driveway. Your cousin should have had someone to look at it. Whats done is done though. In regards to getting your money back, well there is little to no chance of that happenenig, sorry to hear mate

SUSVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S PAC
But what about the rego papers? Their all incorrect

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Even if the rego details are incorrect, your cousin doesn't really have any come-back as he should have checked all those details before parting with his cash. That's the risk of buying from a private seller. The seller has no legal obligation to take the car back.

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Did he accept a receipt saying as is where is?

SUSVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S PAC
It wasnt brought from a private it was brought from a car yard

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Caveat emptor...... Buying used and particularly old, used is always a risk. Best thing to do here is buy another motor from the wreckers and swap it over. Next time get somebody who knows about cars to inspect it before buying.

Reaper

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
It wasnt brought from a private it was brought from a car yard

OK. I interpreted your OP as being privately sold. Unfortunately, there are plenty of dud dealers around too. Unless the car is less than a certain age (I think 10 years) and has less than a certain distance on it (160,000km, I think,) no warranty is required by law in NSW. I found that out the hard way a few years back when I bought the worst car I have ever owned. (Ford Telstar)

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
a dealer has to give a three month warranty as long as the car is under 10 years old so obviously your out of luck... in my opinion just go back there and keep bitching and if your not happy tell them your quite happy to go to fair trading about this
i tried it and after 4 months i ended up getting my money back for the new engine and radiator even though it was out of warranty... they arent to fond of fair trading from what ive seen lol