Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aerpro VE series 2 Facia

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
The SS Series I has Bluetooth why do you need to use a cord?
Bluetooth is only for the phone. Doesn’t have Bluetooth audio.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Bluetooth is only for the phone. Doesn’t have Bluetooth audio.

Ok, I didn't even know I had it until it was removed When I got my old gear back with the installation I also get a Bluetooth module. I assumed it was full Bluetooth. Seem pointless having it able to connect to your mobile. Does it have a microphone as well? Or how can you talk through it.

waz675

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Wagon
The parts needed are not going to break the bank.
The plastic box the two models headunits fit in are identical. I had the two side by side and I couldn’t pick the difference.

As for the facia looking crap, they look different again with the Aerpro facia and offer far superior HVAC info than series 2 or series 1 from factory.

The new functions that come to the car make it an excellent modification.

Is there anywhere particular to get the parts, I tried last night looking for something, couldn't find anything of note. Or is it recommended to go to a "pick a part" place to get these? I found a HSV package from lsxtreme for s2, and a heap of s1 to s2 things, but no actual s1 trim packages like your photo shows.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Ok, I didn't even know I had it until it was removed When I got my old gear back with the installation I also get a Bluetooth module. I assumed it was full Bluetooth. Seem pointless having it able to connect to your mobile. Does it have a microphone as well? Or how can you talk through it.
There’s a microphone in the car. Just press the button on the steering wheel to answer.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hahahaha, I never even knew how to connect my phone to the old unit. And like I said it was only that I upgraded that I even knew it had a Bluetooth module. I did the cord thing for a few months and it was OK at best. New audio system, with reverse camera, Bluetooth, DVD player, hands free I'm loving it. No maps but Google Maps is hopeless anyway. My GPS is much better.

waz675

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Wagon
Just for completion sake, atm, I've connected my ipad air to the head unit as it finds it as "ipod" so I can stream, do voice commands etc to find/shuffle music etc without needing to touch stuff. As I've mentioned, I have a weird injury that kind of affects the whole upper body. So, the less time I'm pushing buttons to change/swap/find/shuffle music. As even if it 'works ok' holding the steering wheel whilst driving with my right arm, if I just happened to have to emergency swerve, or do whatever, it may come to one of my limitations of my injury so I can't turn properly. So, yeah, the more automated I have set up, the better, and I'm someone who really doesn't "love" listening to radio, there's lots of stuff I like, but lots of stuff I find 'irritating' so I prefer streaming from the stations/playlists I know I'll like 99% of the tracks.

One idea is have the ipad air and keyboard next to me so I can maybe sit and type when I'm parked, due to my injury, typing on a screen is hard as just generally any movement of my bad shoulder "against gravity" is so fatiguing, to actually limited in movement. Another idea, mount it around the location I took a pic with, and either set up, "hey siri" can have me play anything I want without taking any hands off steering wheel.

Attachments

• GFpBmaDz.jpg
    GFpBmaDz.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 96
  • xpRMdxIg.jpg
    xpRMdxIg.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 93

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Until we see it for sale, it’s here say.
Even the dual zone facia that is for sale had rumours of it for years before we saw it and then it just annoyed people because it wasn’t available based on here say.

CJ0089

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
Until we see it for sale, it’s here say.
Even the dual zone facia that is for sale had rumours of it for years before we saw it and then it just annoyed people because it wasn’t available based on here say.
I have seen it, contact your local audio visual store they may be nice enough to show you. The images and store demos will be released very shortly and available for pre order for early next year. They are for double din and should be under $600.