Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Afl

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Like it matters who makes the grand final, nobody can beat the clearly unstoppable juggernaught which is the richmond football club, my god...they beat melbourne by a monsterous 34 points.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
Sorry, let me try to contain myself . . . . . . :lmao::lmao:

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
I was a big fan of Mark Neeld's coaching yesterday, despite him creating a terrible game to watch which was a throwback to the bad old days of "the flood". He played loose men behind every stoppage and multiple lose men in D50 all day, so Richmond had loose men in the middle of the ground (Brandon Ellis 39 touches) but nowhere to kick it to in the forward 50, and Defenders with no one to play on getting dragged up the ground (Chaplin and Morris kicking goals)

The result was Richmond were +105 touches, +50 marks +14 scoring shots, +19 inside 50's but only won by 6 goals.

Bit concerned that Melbourne wont improve playing that style of footy but at least they tackled hard for 3 quarters and showed they could execute a plan.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
I thought Chris Dawes was very good for Melbourne yesterday. Once he Mitch Clark get to play a good season or 2 together, they will form a pretty good forward line, along with Howe and Dunn.

Nathan Jones is still the best player in that team, and should be captain. I'm not a fan of this co-captain ****.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
I thought Chris Dawes was very good for Melbourne yesterday. Once he Mitch Clark get to play a good season or 2 together, they will form a pretty good forward line, along with Howe and Dunn.

Nathan Jones is still the best player in that team, and should be captain. I'm not a fan of this co-captain ****.

Nathan Jones/Mark Jamar combination are about the most dangerous thing Melbourne have got going for them and it worked especially well in the absence of Maric. Jones should be captain end of story and it's hurting the kids like Trengove having the extra pressure.

I wasn't overly impressed with Dawes. He led up to the ball well and kicked 2 goals from limited opportunity (one from a soft free kick) but his defensive work lacked effort. Rance had over 10 marks, mostly uncontested and ran off Dawes far to easily and beat him one on one for most of the day. It's hard to make a judgement from such limited supply into the forward line, but I expect better from him considering he's on more coin than Jack Riewoldt.

In other news, I'm only one behind you in the tipping now :)

FirstVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS.II Commodore Executive
Bit concerned that Melbourne wont improve playing that style of footy but at least they tackled hard for 3 quarters and showed they could execute a plan.

Agreed. When Hardwick went to Richmond, I think he started by trying to implement a version of Clarkson's cluster, but gave up and went for man-on-man so that players would learn from contests and he'd know who could cut it.

With all the pressure that Neeld is under, the focus seems to be on keeping the scores closer.

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
Only 4 of us tipped sydney to beat collingwood, agreed collingwood played well last week but it was a one-off so far from their form this season, hoping that sydney can bounce back after a few disappointing weeks and slap the pies around a bit, looks good so far 20-31.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
I would of picked Sydney if they were playing at the SCG. Whether or not that was a good call remains to be seen.

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
I would of picked Sydney if they were playing at the SCG. Whether or not that was a good call remains to be seen.

I was genuinely surprised that people were saying collingwood were favorites this week, they've been rubbish all year and yes they beat geelong (arguabley the best team in the comp) but they haven't shown anywhere near enough to justify me tipping them against last years premiers.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Mmm is looking like Sydney will win easily enough. Was hoping the wobbles might have upped their game a bit playing with the big boys but guess not. Ah well

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Typical Collingwood supporter.