Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Afl

alpha_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss
With Maxwell his intercept marks, spoils, and pressure acts across half back are very valuable to the team. He's no superstar but every club has players like him who contribute every week and are vital to team structure.

You can't always judge players on supercoach scores

So true, Maxwell must be one of the most ridiculed players in the league. Fact is, I don't support Collingwood but you have got to admire his leadership and as you said, his pressure acts are something that aren't really noticed but Collingwood supporters and people who understand the game know how important they are.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I'm with straya on the cats winning. The bombers v freo was a tough one for me. But going with bombers after not backing them first round and regretting it. Pies v hawks game should be a close one. Think I went for swans over roos but after the way roos played last week it wasn't an easy pick.

It feels so good having another bombers supporter here :D

Still crack up that you tipped against your own team.
My tipping this year shall consist of Pies = 100% win's

If I lose the tipping comp SO WHAT!! At lease I have supported my team to the death!

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
So true, Maxwell must be one of the most ridiculed players in the league. Fact is, I don't support Collingwood but you have got to admire his leadership and as you said, his pressure acts are something that aren't really noticed but Collingwood supporters and people who understand the game know how important they are.

I'm a Richmond supporter and for us Jake king is one guy who you wouldn't give a game based on stats, and maybe the same can be said about maxwell. But as far as pressure acts and his work to lock the ball into forward 50 go, no one else on our list gives us what he does.

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
Maxwell is like a poor mans hodge, hodge can do everything maxwell does with leadership etc and command the backline....but if he's unfit he can go forward and kick a bag anyway.

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
Footy show, sam newman + 24 mice, nuff said.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Maxwell is like a poor mans hodge, hodge can do everything maxwell does with leadership etc and command the backline....but if he's unfit he can go forward and kick a bag anyway.

Hmm I'm not sure I'd go that far. Interesting fact, Luke Hodge is the only number 1 draft pick to ever win a Norm Smith medal.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Still crack up that you tipped against your own team.
My tipping this year shall consist of Pies = 100% win's

If I lose the tipping comp SO WHAT!! At lease I have supported my team to the death!

Shush you lol. You're a pies supporter and they generally don't suck so you always have a high chance of winning.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Holy **** wasn't that a nail biter and a half. Seriously thought bombers were going to get their asses handed to them after an abysmal first quarter.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Bloody brilliant