Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AFM mode

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Pirate I didn't know you considered yourself a tuner these days. Nonetheless, I think it's exceedingly poor form of you to bag out the majority of those in the industry here, not to mention arrogant to think you can do a better job.

What a retarded thing to say! I just told you I've tuned cars for over 30 years and you carry on with a personal attack? Grow up.

Bozo I don't think I'm doing a better tuning job because of achievements on the same AFM engine as OP, I know I have solid, pioneering expertise on this particular ####en thing. I CBF if you understand that and can't help being obnoxious or not, but there's no need to shoot me down with tired maxims from yesteryear. That suggests you share the mindset same as most incompetent bozos who call themselves tuners whilst they are nothing more than day-to-day underpaid spanner monkeys with a dodgy laptop, with no practical idea how to marry the engine potential with available engineering and technology. Never mind extend its efficiency.

I (and anyone else with a brain) would take the word of those who work on these cars day in day out for years on end with proven results over amateur 'tuners' on the internet.

Your car drives like it does, good for you, but it does not have the goods for AFM. Keep on trucking, do what you want with what you've got... despite having no practical experience you declare AFM has a noticeable lag in activation and proffer that is a valid excuse for the bloke (who you don't know from a bar of soap) to turn it off, and that everybody (your two 'tuner' mates) do it. Fair enough, still incorrect, arrogant and ill-informed bad practice.

Bozo I welcome your input if and when you come up with something original to contribute, but to date all you seem to do is regurgitate **** from someone else, and derail constructive efforts from recognised subject matter experts to help the OP.

Last edited:

bozodos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 MY06
I'm repeating what I've asked professional tuners on the subject of AFM and why they don't enable it. These are people with 10+ years experience with LS engine tuning and building. For you to refer to them as incompetent, or backward thinking (and for your own view to be the only valid one) is why I labelled you as arrogant, because it is.

Every thread you jump in with this strawman about Australian tuners being backwards thinking and scared of newer technologies. Seriously you think that not one single shop in the country has looked into AFM tuning and VVT?

When did I mention my car? I offered an explanation to OP based on when I asked the question of both my current tuner, and another one I see regularly. You're right - I'm not a first hand subject matter expert because I don't own a car that ever had it enabled. I do however, find the technologies interesting, and I don't need to be a tuner to chime in, as far as I know, there aren't any pros who frequent here?

At the end of the day OP is probably scared off or has found an answer, perhaps I should make a general tuning discussion thread to keep the arguing in one spot.

I wasn't trolling you asking if you considered yourself a tuner, I was under the impression you were about to start fiddling around with EFILive.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Is it possible to have AFM enabled for 6th gear only?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Yes, on or off by gear, and speed, and load, and accelerator position, and fuel type, when in Drive or Sports - customise it anywhere between always on or always off. There's more resolution in this world than black or white, AFM is totally tunable.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Yes, on or off by gear, and speed, and load, and accelerator position, and fuel type, when in Drive or Sports - customise it anywhere between always on or always off. There's more resolution in this world than black or white, AFM is totally tunable.

Brilliant! That's fantastic, I'm going to have it re-activated for 5 & 6 only.

Last edited:

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Give everyone with afm something to think about, instead of just turning it off