Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AFM Mufflers for VFII SV6 Sportwagon will VE SS fit

dropsmokeandgo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SV6 Sportwagon
G'day, Looking at changing my stock series II Sportwagon mufflers to SS AFM Mufflers. This is purely appearance for the quad pipe and not for note worthy reasons. Will VE SS mufflers sedan or Wagon fit. Is there is a certain model / year is should be looking for within VE / VF. My existing ( stock ) mufflers have the flange and 2 bolt fitting. Will appreciate any specific info.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Well put it this way. I did have a VF 2015 SV6 Storm Sedan and I change the rear mufflers with a single outlet chrome pipe and used a VE AFM Flange style rear mufflers with twin chrome outlet and it made the car looked good plus it deepened the note as well. The only thing that I noticed both pipes on each side were about 20MM less. Yes the Four of them

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
The VE Rear mufflers have a 2 bolt flat flange fitting with a gasket for each site,

Where I have seen the VF Rear mufflers have a clamp type compression fitting for each side, and have Bi-Model Solenoids.
[I stand corrected if I am wrong]

dropsmokeandgo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well put it this way. I did have a VF 2015 SV6 Storm Sedan and I change the rear mufflers with a single outlet chrome pipe and used a VE AFM Flange style rear mufflers with twin chrome outlet and it made the car looked good plus it deepened the note as well. The only thing that I noticed both pipes on each side were about 20MM less. Yes the Four of them

Thankyou, I am looking at the AFM VE type at the moment and thought they may be a little short in length. I think I have read some of your testing of non afm and afm and the drone is what has me to this point, with going for the AFM. To bother you with a question the shortness A: did it look odd B: would it be worth having if possible the single part of the pipe extended at a muffler shop or its not so bad, my VF is a wagon. thanks again

dropsmokeandgo

Reaction score
Members Ride
The VE Rear mufflers have a 2 bolt flat flange fitting with a gasket for each site,

Where I have seen the VF Rear mufflers have a clamp type compression fitting for each side, and have Bi-Model Solenoids.
[I stand corrected if I am wrong]

I think your right mate with the VF SS . My sv6 is flange and two bolts which differs from the SS and up. I have contacted Holden and a few other places, and that's the answer I get. Sometimes when you try to get answers for question like this you either end up with more questions and a headache or both, you can just go round in circles. I think here is where the good info is. really appreciated

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I think your right mate with the VF SS . My sv6 is flange and two bolts which differs from the SS and up. I have contacted Holden and a few other places, and that's the answer I get. Sometimes when you try to get answers for question like this you either end up with more questions and a headache or both, you can just go round in circles. I think here is where the good info is. really appreciated
I'm pretty sure that in the VF, only the Redline had the ball typre fitting. The others were flat flanges.

dropsmokeandgo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks mate, I am still finding my way around all this. I am currently looking at VE SS ones that are virtually unused, I will give em a go

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
VE/VF sedan and wagon use the same system, the VE SS AFM mufflers will bolt straight on. There shouldn't be any difference in length. Redlines had longer tips due to the bumper.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I'm pretty sure that in the VF, only the Redline had the ball typre fitting. The others were flat flanges.

Utes have the flat flanges.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Thankyou, I am looking at the AFM VE type at the moment and thought they may be a little short in length. I think I have read some of your testing of non afm and afm and the drone is what has me to this point, with going for the AFM. To bother you with a question the shortness A: did it look odd B: would it be worth having if possible the single part of the pipe extended at a muffler shop or its not so bad, my VF is a wagon. thanks again
No had to look twice to see if that were short but it still looked good