Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

After using my Scan tool SERVICE CLEANING PROCEDURE for my Commodore SV6 2011 the car is not moving in R and D.

hrajpoot69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Sv6 Series 2 2011
I did "Service cleaning procedure" with AUTEL MP808 on my car COMMODORE VE 2011 V6. after the operation is completed my car transmission is not working in R AND D. even if the car is in R or D, but transmission inside remains in Neutral need help what to do now?

lazyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6.0 M6
If it broke it, it has better fix it.
So what is a service clean in autel?
And why, wipe, clear, reset things that don't need it?
Reset codes normally, reset oil with the car... More info please

lazyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6.0 M6
Downloaded the manual, I can't see what you did in it.
Is engine running, does shift indicator move, does shift feel normal? Car jacked up, wheels stolen?
Not helpful but that's on you.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
i also downloaded the manual and can see no reference to Service cleaning procedure
all i can suggest is disconnect battery for 5 minutes

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
......I did "Service cleaning procedure"......

Did you mean to write "Service Clearing" procedure?
No movement in any gear can be caused by pump failure in the trans.

There was a recall which fits some of your symptoms but does not apply to the trans that you have fitted (AFAIK). Shown below FYI:

1626592356576.png

Last edited:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
did u follow all the steps to complete the clean ? what it does is purge all the solenoids and rapidly pulse them to clean any gunk out of them and then it fills them up again according to set values, u have to follow a procedure so its done right, if not and it purged the oil then u stopped it then now they cant do anything, try re do the procedure and follow all steps if its the clean im thinking here is link as we can do it in hpt

moveage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
did u follow all the steps to complete the clean ? what it does is purge all the solenoids and rapidly pulse them to clean any gunk out of them and then it fills them up again according to set values, u have to follow a procedure so its done right, if not and it purged the oil then u stopped it then now they cant do anything, try re do the procedure and follow all steps if its the clean im thinking here is link as we can do it in hpt
Yep been there done that tried to cut it short big mistake had to reflash and relearn fast adapts.

moveage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
:p
Please note during this test the engine speed will increase and decrease automatically and various clutch noises may be heard from the transmission.
yep, was in a drive through bottlo panicked, taking ages, tooting fist shaking etc. Stupid thing to do on the road, revs up clunks clicks seems like robot .

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Yep been there done that tried to cut it short big mistake had to reflash and relearn fast adapts.

There is an interesting note in that link…

”Cleaning Procedure can help to remove residue from the individual clutch solenoids (pressure regulators). It does this by rapidly pulsing clutches. I have heard from service technicians that this procedure usually makes a higher mileage trans feel a little better, but can also be the final straw for a trans that is just about to fail.”

moveage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
@hrajpoot69 im going to say the obvious, don’t use that thing for advanced functions outside scanning / read only or DTC reset.
Is sold as something more than it is and in that regard dangerous as it is not anywhere near professional technicians tool.