Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

aftermarket car stereo dash kit finally here

nielsonp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive commodore
my local car stereo shop gave me the heads up about a conversion kit that allows the installation of a touch screen stereo that can control heating and air conditioning also.

Im not entirely crazy on the look of the buttons that control the heating / air but my desperation for iPhone integration and USB connectivity mean this isn't such a big deal.

SteveHatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
agree with you on the buttons, they could do some wor to make it look a bit more presentable

iphone integration is a great thing, but is it really worth that much money if you have an aux cable anyways

another positive is that you now have a better head unit for audio

if it was me however i would be puting my money elsewhere, and believe me i have considered sooooooooooo many different mods to make to m car it's ridiculous

but each to their own, if yo choose to do it then you would definately have a major point of difference in your interior compared to everyone else with the benefits of iphone integration and better audio also

good luck with it!

IceyAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series II Sedan
Tonkins car audio in SA has had that for about 6 months or so.
Very buggy, sometimes just dosent pick up the hvac

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Yuck, those buttons looks terrible. If I wanted a decent stereo, I would leave the factory unit in place and run a real H/U out of the glovebox or something.

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
It looks ''Home brand'' cheap and nasty(don't know but the cheap part)like most of the VE interior as well.I dont like one bit and i would stay with stock unit and upgaded speakers and amps which i have done.

Last edited:

Gambel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV Wagon
JHP vehicle enhancements do an ipod integration kit for the ve that uses steering wheel controls.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
i'm almost 100% sure the developer/designer of this headunit replacement was on this forum asking for opinions on this product, and whether we would be interested if he started producing it. Same thing was suggested.... lots of interest in this type of product, but the looks of this unit really put people off. It "looks" home made from components from Dick Smith with all those buttons. Needs a massive facelift, but no question that there is a market for this type of customising in the VE. Holden really dropped the ball in my opinion with how 'non-customisable' the existing unit is. Car security tied into audio, which is also tied in to air con and ventilation options... with no way to separate the functions unless you replace the lot like this.