Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

aftermarket car stereo dash kit finally here

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Lol can't agree more. What dangerous Dave put up looked pretty good but.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Really didn't know that many people still liked Linkin Park? Can't beat Meteora and Hybrid Therory. Thier latest album though makes me want to punch someone in the head, that ain't Linkin Park.

Anyway, yeah I just had a good look at that link DangerousDave put up, looks pretty damn good. I wonder how hard it would be to put a tablet running a Linux based system in the console instead of an iPad? Only because with Linux you can do anything and run basically any program, Windows or Linux based. And then wire it so the tablet can display the HVAC controls.

Can you imagine how damn cool it would be to have a 10" screen in the center console where with a touch of the button you have the cars controls, and then switch it too a full tuning/engine data program running off Windows?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
It looks horrid to be honest, the buttons in particular but the display is also pretty average.

zac_sa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Personally as with the majority here that Alpine unit looks crap.
That other one, I think llc looks real good.
I wonder how it goes intergrating all the controls though, ie forward and rear parking sensors as well.

To me having a H/U in the glovebox is a no go. Ive the Calais V and feature wise its ok, my VS with JVC H/U and Xplod speakers though sounded better.

My trade is Electronic Tech but im thinking of a way to integrate better visualisation on the LCD screen. Im wondering with the Nav button whether a small unit such as a small android device (is mob phone size) can be displayed on the screen.
The other issue is though its not touch screen so makes it hard to transfer functionality.

I was also considering how I could transfer Tom Tom or Navman data to the LCD screen.
I havent removed the VE H/U to workout what outputs/inputs I have to work with etc.

Thesickness86

Thesickness86
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Ve ute
Ugly, but at least someone is trying. Hopefully some1 can fix those buttons

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
Wow...... :( would defiantly keep mine stock if that's the best option....or buy the series 2 that has the Holden IQ touch screen

nielsonp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive commodore
havent checked this thread since i started it and I have decided im not going to go with that integration kit purely because the stock air con / heater controls are way better adjusting the climate control is easy as turning a knob and all the settings are so easy to get to.... plus trying to use a touch screen stereo when trying to drive would **** me to tears....

that same car stereo shop was telling me about a rockford fosgate sound processor that can be hooked up to the stock stereo which would cost $800 and i get USB connectivity.

i have upgraded my speakers to alpine s types and have got a 4 ch amp wired up to them. before this i played music off my iphone 4 thru the aux and it sounded fine, now with upgraded speakers and much better tweeters in the dash the sound quality is so tinny so i have to burn cds again.

has anyone here got a working intergration kit at all in their VE? i dont neccesarily need ipod / iphone integration just as long as i have USB.

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
the Rockford fosgate is the 3sixty.3 Its the 1st thing I shall be doing with my statesman once I finally pick her up.
Mate of mine has the previous version in his ssv, it works a treat.

Rockford Fosgate® - 3SIXTY.3