Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aftermarket headlight fitment and front bumper sag

redalloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
Hi guys,

So ever since i installed my new headlights (aftermarket projector) ive realised that the panel gap between the bottom of the headlight and the bumper is just ridiculous.

Ive also noticed that the gap where bumper meets the hood, one side has a bigger gap than the other.

Now ive tried the pool noodle trick and it seemed to work but its actually push the gab between the bumper and the hood too close and not close the gab between the headlights at all. I have since taken it out.

Im just wondering if anyone else has found a solution for front bar sag and also found that the mounting brackets for aftermarket headlights are **** aswell?

Thanks

Edit:

1) Yes they are series 1 headlights....

2) added images for clarification

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-03-19-24-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-10-03-19-24-42.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 504
  • Screenshot_2016-10-03-19-24-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-10-03-19-24-54.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 583
  • Screenshot_2016-10-03-19-25-01.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-10-03-19-25-01.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 472
  • Screenshot_2016-10-03-19-25-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-10-03-19-25-04.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 516
Last edited:

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Pictures? Are you sure they are for your series ? VE1 or VE2...

I havent dealt with aftermarket headlights yet, but was planning on doing it too.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Whatever you modify or install, you should ensure that they comply with ALL ADR's (Australian Design Rules) that applied to your vehicle AT THE TIME OF MANUFACTURE.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Whatever you modify or install, you should ensure that they comply with ALL ADR's (Australian Design Rules) that applied to your vehicle AT THE TIME OF MANUFACTURE.

This doesn't help with the OPs question. Are you just trolling to get your post count up? Fair enough if he asked whats legal but he didn't!!! and you have not helped him out.

The bumper should go back on the same way it came off and fit perfectly. So im gonna say your issue is with the headlights and their mounting points. I dont believe mix series 1 and 2s because they wont fit the guard, bonnet or bumper as they are a complete different shape.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
really bad Chinese aftermarket fit or like the others said wrong series.

look at your old lights and see if they are the same shape, also post a few pictures here so people can see your issues.
1 picture = a thousand words ;)

redalloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
Thanks for the replies guys, When i was writing the post i couldn't attach any images on my phone but have edited them in now.

Also they are definitely series 1.

Even when the stock headlights were in, there was an element of sag in the bar as you can see by the pics where the bar meets the hood, the spaces are different on each side.
I think the aftermarket headlight mounts are just plain ****, which is soul crushing as i spent heaps of time installing the halos. Would anyone have any suggestions as to how i can fix or adjust the mounting points?

NZ-GTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 SSV Blown 373KW ATW
I had a set of ssv taillights on my old ve v6, I found they were slightly smaller all round than the stock lights. Looked ok from a distance but a bit gappy up close

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
nothing to do with the lights - that bumper cover isn't mounted properly.

look at the huge gap between the bumper cover and the bonnet.

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
I notice 1 of my headlights (Bottom corner on the grill side) sticks out a small bit. Not as bad as yours, but its notice'able since ive seen this thread (I kind of wish I didnt now :p

Must be a bumper thing that sag's over time pushing the headlight or something?

Last edited:

Rogue Trooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SII SV6
The series 2 GM ones can be adjusted. The bottom mounts on either side can be screwed in and out. Can you do that with the series 1? Note that the bumper has to be off to allow access to the bottom mounts.