Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Bag Light Stays On

dannyn12

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx supercharged
what i hear is that when the light comes on then the chimes start the air module is do a self diagnostic check on the system and if the airbag light stays on then there is a fault within the airbag/system thats from a sparky i know

nick3110

2.5" Catback
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina S2
ok now u have me worried lol.. bout 10seconds after i start my car everytime without fail it will chime and the airbag light will come on.. it won't blow up in my face while driving will it? or not work if i have a crash?

dannyn12

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx supercharged
my sparky told me there is only a problem if the light stays on constanly then there is a fault within the airbag because my calais is having the same issues

torana9x

VX S Pack
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2001 VX S Pack 5 Speed
My airbag light used to come on, so i got my brother to clear it with his scan tool, would stay off for a week or 2 then would come on again, so just keeped clearing it, and its beens a good 3-4 months since he cleared it last and the light hasnt come back on yet..

cinndaz044

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v8 sv exec 044
right old pain in the ass the connectors are. i keep knocking mine everytime i drop my ciggie lighter down the side of the seat 60 bucks to reset it everytime:bang: but usaly i get it thrown in when i get a service done at holdens.

stevesvx2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore v6
ive got the same problem but it stay on all the time.
if you just what the light tto stay off and you dont care just take your dash out and remove the light globe haha

torana9x

VX S Pack
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2001 VX S Pack 5 Speed
right old pain in the ass the connectors are. i keep knocking mine everytime i drop my ciggie lighter down the side of the seat 60 bucks to reset it everytime:bang: but usaly i get it thrown in when i get a service done at holdens.

Just as well I've got a brother who's a Holden Tech. :thumbsup::yeah:

jim_vt_v6_psi

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vt v6 turbo
i had a problem were i changed my cluster ova and the airbag ligth came on

tjones

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 1999 Ute
TJ - VT airbag light after detailing

Just got my son's VT detailed for sale (he is overseas) and now the airbag light comes on after 10 secs and beeps a couple of times. Just rang Youngs Holden in Vic Park WA and they want $250 just to run a diagnostic on it PLUS any costs to fix it!!!! I am busy blow-drying the interior to see if that helps but any other suggestions welcome.