Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

air bag suspension for vt vx etc...

stock_vl

wh internationals?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais 3.0L
just curious who has done it and what its worth!
any good sites or anthing i should check out for this?
any pictures i could see etc......
just any general info would be greatly appreciated!

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
If you want your car to handle don't get it!!!

Personally I think airbags should be for shows - not as a performance enhancements.

Unless you want a show car.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 04 S/W
Hey there,

I have Pedders poly air bags in the rear of my VY SII Station wagon and she is lowed on King Springs as well.
I uase them for when I am towing my trailer whice empty is 700kgs or if I have a really heavy load in the back as unlike the old springs the rear King springs are heavy duty and don't sag no where as much when a small load in in the boot.
Air bags won't rase your ride but only keep it at the height you have it now when a weight goes on the back.
Always need to leave a little bit of air in them say between 10-15psi so the bag dose not get caught in the spring and the bag can be pumped up to 40psi for load.
There are different bags for all different cars and also different bags for standard height or lowed cars.
My Pedders bags were $260.00 and I fitted them my self but you do need to remove the rear springs and also cut the ends off the bump stops, drill or cut out a hole in the bottom panel under the bottom bump stop for the air tube to run and not get caught.

All pretty simple really but if your thinking of lowering your ride and having the pros (Pedders) do the job they should throw the fitting of the rear lowed springs in for free due to havign to rip them out any way because of the airbags.

Hope this helps a little.

Windsurfing.....

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I think he means the airbag conversion where you totally remove the springs. I did one in a VU ute. Looked great, fun to use, but handled like crap. You wouldn't get much change from $4000. Check this site out http://www.bowers.net.au/airbags.php3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 04 S/W
Oh, that;s a bit different then, good luck with it...

Windusrfing.....

vtwgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive wagon
Hey dude i'm gonna be gettin my wagon bagged in a month or so n i been lookin around a fair bit.
For airbags in a vt it's gonna set you back about $7000 but when its done it'll be fully engineered ie. cops cant hassle you about it. But if you live in vic like me, or SA and i think NSW that includes auto levelling (you have to have the handbrake on to adjust height) which you need to have it engineered...
Go to www.tubularsuspensionsystems.com they have tonnes of info on airbags and can probably let you know of someone who can install it for you if you decide to go ahead with it.
Oh yeah and it's not what you want if your after performance they only ride well at a certain height, you can't just drive around all the time an inch off the ground.
Hope this helps mate...

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Seriously I don't think its worth the money considering the high cost of it. With that kinda money you could just do a major engine work + others...

stock_vl

wh internationals?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais 3.0L
im a P plate driver which is recovered from a crash. there for im not allowed to have anymore then one passenger. im not allowed to have modified 6, turbo, charger, or an 8cyl.

its either create an extremly stylish 6 or do up a mini moke panel van....

but i need a daily driver.. im not stupid either...

i dont exactly want cop bait. so i would have it drive at around 4inch about the wheels... if possible.... when i park (pull on the hand break) it can sit on the underbody for all i care =)

i have a link for something similar to what im looking at!

i am considering buying this but im looking at doing it to an acclaim as i may aswell get a luxary car as i cant go performance!

and i prefer vt/vx ruther then the vy.

i will add the link soon.. it was blue vy i found on ebay.. might have been sold